• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE bomb proof mounts in!!

Weasil, please explain to me what happened with this bushing movement. Are you saying you used mounts with a control arm bushing and the bushing moved out of it's mount allowing the engine to move forward? Or are you saying that once you mounted the Rawbrowne mounts, the engine slid forward on the rubber bushing till the engine side of the mount contacted the body side of the mount? Or are you saying your engine shifted forward on the stock mounts till the engine side of the mount contacted the body side of the mounts?

The Tranny mount is what should position the engine for and aft. I recently also installed a set of rawbrowne mounts and can see marks on the big rubber bushing showing that the engine DOES move for and aft about 3/16" either way. I plan to replace the tranny mount with a new stock unit and see if this will hold things in place better or perhaps that amount of movement is normal. As for the vibes, I can say that the big rubber block used in rawbrownes mounts does increase the vibes transmitted into the cab. It IS noticeable, but not that bad. Mostly at idle in gear. The engine does stay located side to side with these mounts though. I have NOT used the MORE mounts, so I can't compare although Rawbrownes mounts were considerably cheaper and supposedly use a softer rubber. Jeff

Back