• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Performance Renix ECU

i did actually. 2 of them in 2 areas.

area #1: the flange that bolts to the head. i originally had the engine on a stand when i torqued all the bolts down, so access was much easier. i went by the FSM torque sequence and torque spec, and used a new fel pro gasket. the first time i fired up the engine there was an exhaust leak towards cylinder #6. after that i just torqued down all the bolts some more and so far no more leaks.

area #2: the exhaust clamps that hold the two collectors. i didnt weld them together because i thought the clamps would hold. now i have a leak coming through the side of the collector closest to the oil pan. can't get a welder in there its so tight. i havent fixed the leak yet since it requires pulling the header out. if you have the chance i would weld shut that part to prevent leakage.

other than that, the cam + headers makes for a nice sound at idle :greensmok

oh and the extra torque is nice

I do notice extra torque just driving it around the block.

#1 - i can see that , i hear a slight leak. Im gonna crank on the bolts some more tonight after work.

#2 - the 2 clamps at the downpipe collectors are terrible. I wanted to weld it up off the rig, and regret not doing so, i dont know why I did not. Ill check them for leaks tonight and crank on those bolts. so lame they use u bolt clamps instead of bolt on flanges.

i rerouted the o2 wiring so i didnt have to use their goofy lengthening the 02 wiring idea, and I welded in a flex pipe for the piece that goes across the belly pan by the tranny and tcase.

I do notice extra torque just driving it around the block.

#1 - i can see that , i hear a slight leak. Im gonna crank on the bolts some more tonight after work.

#2 - the 2 clamps at the downpipe collectors are terrible. I wanted to weld it up off the rig, and regret not doing so, i dont know why I did not. Ill check them for leaks tonight and crank on those bolts. so lame they use u bolt clamps instead of bolt on flanges.

i rerouted the o2 wiring so i didnt have to use their goofy lengthening the 02 wiring idea, and I welded in a flex pipe for the piece that goes across the belly pan by the tranny and tcase.

this pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. not looking forward to pulling the header to weld it up.

i also just re-routed the O2 wiring from the wiring harness. it was not that difficult and only took maybe 10 minutes to securely zip tie it and add protectve covering over the wires.

Yah i have no idea why they recomend adding length to it. quite silly. I wont pull the headers off anytime soon . too much of PIA.

Back