• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mohawk Trail Run.... May 28 - 30 Memorial Day Weekend

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
this is the first of a few camping/wheeling outtings this year.. we are not making this a big "event" like the MOHAWK MADNESS.. just a few of us doing our "thing" and keeping it simple.. there are no group camp sites left in the area for that weekend so we all need to make OUR OWN INDIVIDUAL RESERVATIONS.
this will be for ALL levels of rig and driver ability so dont worry about that. we will have some new trails this year as well as our regulars from last year.

i plan to camp friday thru sunday night and wheel saturday and sunday.. attendance will dictate what trails we run and when..

make your reservations soon..

base camp: CLARKSBURG STATE FOREST, CLARKSBURG , MA i believe it's $12 /night...
trails: to be determined.
attendance fee: NOTHING! (BYO food, campiong stuffs)
make reservations HERE..

http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/maps/MAA1.html

i've had better luck calling them though..
1-877-422-6762

sidriptide said:
so where are these "so called" wheelers at anyways????
If it was in two weeks and not next week i'd be going. But I plan on hittin a local trail in two weeks anyways.

I was hoping to go, however I only have a small amount of time to get some necessary wrenching done to be wheelable for nacfest, that and I'm behind a couple a weeks already between having to work :paperwork and weather....yadayada hasta so....I'm web wheeling until then except for local trips.... :sunshine:

Sometimes it's tough to go wheeling on two weeks notice on a holiday. I already had family plans. Sorry. :dunno:

I'd love to go but I live in Missouri now. I miss Mt Greylock!

Lawn Cher' said:
I miss Mt Greylock!

i love it up there too but i got tired of all the pansies whining about the mountain road so i will try to go to the other parks around there this year...

I dunno it was nice up there, great toilet facilities, and I loved the smell of all those xj brakes cooking coming down that hill :laugh3: :wave: :wierd: - really I liked it.......really I did....

Art Triggs said:
I dunno it was nice up there, great toilet facilities, and I loved the smell of all those xj brakes cooking coming down that hill :laugh3: :wave: :wierd: - really I liked it.......really I did....

ok the toilets sucked.. but NOBODY wanted to follow me down the southern road off the mountain... its nothing like the northern rd...

I went down that road, cooked my brakes there too, but thats ok, the disks go on this weekend and a brand new, non re-man master cylinder ;-) iirc, the only thing I heard about was that the road lets out kind of far from everything on the south end of Mt Greylock, which it does....no biggie :laugh3:

That's one of the penalties you lazy so-called drivers pay for using automatic transmissions. I've had no brake problems coming down Mt. Greylock on either road, but I drive a 5-speed :)

Eagle said:
That's one of the penalties you lazy so-called drivers pay for using automatic transmissions. I've had no brake problems coming down Mt. Greylock on either road, but I drive a 5-speed :)

Lazy....who? me? naaaaaaaaaaah :laugh3:

Eagle said:

no automatics here jack.. at least not anymore..

Back