• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mohawk Trail - Columbus Day

CheapXJ said:
yes, and saturday (if the weather's not too bad ;) )

Check your PM box

I will be leaving for Moab on Friday the 26th, Lawn Cher' will be a day behind me and Sidriptide a couple of days behind. I just spoke with Earle by phone to confirm that Columbus Day is still "ON." The meeting place will be the same as always, the parking lot of the Big Y supermarket (and Advance Auto) in beautiful downtown North Adams, MA.

Earle promised to be sure someone monitors the forum to be certain that questions are answered, directions given, etc. At this point, it appears there will be runs for both modified and stock vehicles.

The rest of the details will have to come from Earle. I hope as many people as possible turn out -- it should be a beautiful season for riding the trails in the Berkshire Mountains.

i will be in touch with earle and keep it current.... is ANYBODY planning on camping over at all?? just day tripping??
mike

Hi! I'm new to NAXJA and wondering if it's not too late to get in on this trail ride? I don't think I could make it Saturday but definitely could Sunday ... any room for another XJ that's not far from stock? :D

Always more room and welcome. You can find some links to pics from the last run down a little further. Just keep an eye on this thread and they'll be more info posted as it gets closer.

Mike, missed your question above. If i'm alone I'll probably camp out in the back. It'd be nice for a change. Haven't done anything this year yet.

TekkaMaki said:
Hi! I'm new to NAXJA and wondering if it's not too late to get in on this trail ride? I don't think I could make it Saturday but definitely could Sunday ... any room for another XJ that's not far from stock? :D

It's definitely not too late. The more, the merrier.

If possible, let Earle know a few days ahead in case you're delayed en route, but basically just head for North Adams and look for all the XJs in the parking lot of the Big Y supermarket. We usually park out at the edge of the lot right along Route 2, so you should see some Jeeps unless you're the first to arrive.

Had a blast meeting up with everyone up in N. Adams today! 13 Jeeps total (IIRC) 6 XJ's, 6 Wranglers & 1 Willy's.

I take crappy pics but I put a few up HERE anyways. I'll post better ones from my other camera when I get them developed.

It was cool meeting Earle, BrokenXJ, Lawn Cher, Mike & the crew from CT.... thanks again to Bob in the Willy's for the pulls and BrokenXJ for the rocks :thumbup:

Back