• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

modifying rear windows on 2dr sport

bulldugg

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 2dr and want more ventalation for my dogs in back. I was thinking of going to a truck shell maker and having them install a sliding windows made of plexiglass. does any one have better ideas?

hammer, broom, vacuum. kidding. i had the same problem with my 2dr was the poor ventilation in the rear. i was tossing the idea of putting the 4dr rear glass in and making a sliding window but seeing as my fab skill well i have non i scrapped the idea

I have seen some late 80's XJ's with 2 doors that had the rear most quarter panel windows that opened. Like they popped out a bit, hinges on the front and latch at the rear of the window. Maybe you could scour the junkyards with the posibility of finding one with these windows!

I have seen some late 80's XJ's with 2 doors that had the rear most quarter panel windows that opened. Like they popped out a bit, hinges on the front and latch at the rear of the window. Maybe you could scour the junkyards with the posibility of finding one with these windows!

Never seen one like that...

A lot of em (like mine) have the vent window, but the vent's only 4-5" at the front.

P09032801.jpg

They look cool, but they don't move much air.

For actual ventilation, I'd think about a sunroof.

Robert

Last edited:
Maybe there's a pickup truck which has the same size rear window. Take some measurements and check with a manufacturer of sliding rear windows for trucks such as DeeZee.

I have a 94 2dr and want more ventalation for my dogs in back. I was thinking of going to a truck shell maker and having them install a sliding windows made of plexiglass. does any one have better ideas?

I've been planning on doing this mod for a while for the exact reason you state. Camper shell tracks and smoked lexan. I've just got some other things I need to take care of first. If you do it to yours, please post up!
Billy

I could have sworn I've seen one or two that actually had the whole window open. Maybe I was mistaken. Because I think I do remember the little black "dot" being on the far other side of the window (which is the mount for the latch)

Back