• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modding AJ's Super Sliders

X2 cashless, it shows you put them to good use.

Everytime I hear Billy Mays voice I want to buy that stuff and jam it in his mouth in hopes it really does work that good. :firedevil

Another thought I had...sometimes I have multiple ones in a row..not often but it happens. Is I could make a top and/or bottom plate out of 1/8, dimple die it for some bling.

you and your dimpled dies AJ lol...i think your gonna make my rig on big dimpled die with all the ideas youre throwin my way lol

super squares FTW lol

He's referring to the outer round tube of the SuperRails, not the main rail. Price certainly isn't an indicator of quality in the market, just a matter of how much profit a company wants to make. I can remember a company touting their 1/4" thick wall rails costing a good chunk more and then seeing a pic of them bent, and that was the main rail. We've had a few people put dents in the outer tube and we're in the process of beefing up some in the next run. It's not an easy balancing act of trying to make the best product at the lowest possible price. Especially when last summer steel prices skyrocketed and we just ate the difference.

BTW-anyone who has bought a set and would like to replace that outer tube can get it pre-bent, cut and the notched supports out of the heavier material for cost of steel-zero labor.

That's great, I may have to take you up on that one day.

I have two dents (that I know of) in my AJ's outer rails, one is pretty damn big, but I could careless. Metal will bend when you put it under extreme stress, no matter how thick it is. Mine was on the front bend of the outer rail, so that spot had already been weakened by bending it. I 'slammed' the entire weight of the Jeep forward into a rock on that one spot, so no way would I blame AJ for a small dent.

Besides, the rails did their job and fully protected the body. I'd say that the dents are just a little more rock rash that shows off what I've done with the Jeep. It's also a good conversation starter when people are like "how the hell did you put a dent in that!?"

I detonated a small thermonuclear device on my set of AJ's Rails. Wanted to see what they could really take.

Needless to say, I can't drive my jeep again for about 46 years, but the rails didn't budge at all. Might need to touch up the paint a bit as it got a little scorched.

:D

these are my second set by him but first set with the tubes and AJ is top notch about standing by his prduct by offering replacement tubes at materials cost

Back