• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mod Day 18-19 Aug my place

where to get them is totally up to you if you decide that route. Should be easy to get them from 4wheel parts as their parent company has owned RE for a while now..

Get a double shear one for sure.

Guys, I texted Roger earlier but I need to officially renege on my statement. Money has again compromised my plans and I won't be able to make it this weekend.

Is the trac bar absolutely necessary for a 4.5 in lift... right away?

I don't think I can get one by this weekend?

Rich, have you found out if you can come, if not maybe I wait until another weekend?

I still need brake cables too I think... is that something I can pickup at NAPA or AZ or such? Will you mentioned Chevy? one that worked? got any part numbers or year and axles they go with?

You all know I need all the help I can get :) ;)

I'll bet you can get by with plating the stock mount and redrilling a new hole. Just as a bandaid until you get the next trackbar.

Will, what about the brake lines ;)

I will order the trac bar and mount tonight :)

Still no word from Rich if he can come this Sat or not... if he can't I'll postpone.

Roger,
I mentioned the lines already on what to get.. I used a 92 or so dodge Dakota rear hose and mid 80's chevy 1/2 ton 2wd front hoses.

And yes you can get them at any parts store.

Jay

Last edited:
Just spoke with Rich and he agrees with me we will postpone until after I get the trac bar and brace. also postpone so Will can come too :)

I will post after they arrive.

lol...you keep mixing up Jay and me....but yeah that sounds good.

Roger, the trick with the rustys set up is you "have" to weld on the axle side mount. The RE one will bolt onto you stock axle side mount. They both have a new frame side mount which is good. I would go with the RE setup.

As far as steering goes and what you are using it for I really see no advantage of going over the knuckle setup. If you really must change the steering I would get the ZJ(grand Cherokee) stock setup.

OK the storms made me cancel my Arkansas trip :( So with a long weekend I'll try and do my lift :)

FIRST (of many I am sure) question... I bought the shackle relocators... is there a rule of thumb as to which adjustment hole to use on initial install?

Any other quirks I need to be aware of?

OK I fnished the rear lift this weekend. So next weekend I want to tackle the front... I could sure use some expertise :) I have upper and lower CA's new coils and shocks and brake lines.
I'm going to do at a buds house that has a lift :) Can anyone help? Maybe a better weekend??

OK, I finally got the brakes bled after the new brake lines for the lift. They are back as good as they were. So drove it yesterday for the first time on highway... BAD vibrations from what appears both drive shafts. Took it in for alignment and the mechanic there confirms the DS angles are off.
I have a replacement Transfer case with SYE sitting in garage... when installed I can measure for new rear driveshaft an that is the ultimat plan anyway.

MY QUESTION: I bought a transfer drop kit with the lift... if I take the time to install it now, before replacing transfer case, will it help or resolve the vibration issue. This jeep is not a DD but I'd like to resolve ASAP so I can drive when i want to.

Back