• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mobile welder

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for someone with a mobile welder/ on a truck maybe. I don't have 220 in the apartment garage. I have a forward cut/stuck leaf bolt with 1/2"" thread sticking out, hoping to get a nut welded on to break it. I've tried atf/ acetone, vice grips, heat. Not happening

Any help/ suggestions much appreciated

Is the bolt turning but rusted into the sleeve in the bushing?

Or is the bolt head stripped or broken off?

If the bolt is turning but seized inside the bushing, it's sawzall or cutting wheel time. You'll have to cut both sides to get the leaf out:

1106-8l-03%2Bford-skyjacker-leaf-spring-kit%2Bcutting-leaf-spring-bolt.jpg

If the bolt isn't turning and broke off inside the bushing or the bolt head is stripped, the bigger issue is the nut welded inside the unibody frame pocket. Generally speaking, this will end up requiring some sheet metal cutting to expose the pocket that nut is sitting in, breaking all that loose to remove the nut, then welding in new sheet metal to rebuild the pocket:

https://www.nc4x4.com/forum/threads/dang-xj-leaf-spring-bolts.133687/

Looking for someone with a mobile welder/ on a truck maybe. I don't have 220 in the apartment garage. I have a forward cut/stuck leaf bolt with 1/2"" thread sticking out, hoping to get a nut welded on to break it. I've tried atf/ acetone, vice grips, heat. Not happening

Any help/ suggestions much appreciated
Soooo, you have 110V?

Back