• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ was Stolen but already have it back

signed up on the nextdoor's website for our area the day the rig was taken. posted up what happened. I guess there have been multiple break-ins (cars & homes) in the area over the last couple of yrs. Saturday I picked up a camera systems. got 3 cameras installed sun. hopefully this will deter the next thief or at least catch him/her taking my junk. if a thief wants something they are going to take it...

I really don't like the feeling of being big brotherish... but that feeling goes away quick when your doing a playback.

they did a fantastic job on the ignition

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

was just going to go to p-n-p for a new steering column but if anybody has a '91-'93 gray steering column laying around I'm interested.

I have a gray 94 laying around

I have a gray 94 laying around

awesome. but i think there's a difference in '94... what that difference is i have know idea.

i know manuals are different from auto's. of course tilt. cruise control & intermittent wipers. could it be the harness? doesn't look like the ignition switch is different. i guess all i can do is yank mine and compare.

are you close if so how much?

Dam Bummer about the rig. like you said could have been worse.. makes me get little worried as im not to far from you. I keep a tarp over my jeep so kinda helps I guess by making it look like it doesn't run lol. Also have cameras in my driveway. If I can lend a hand let me know.

I would have to ship but it did come out of a manual w/ tilt , cruise, and wipers. I wouldn't really know how much to ask for it if it will work for you and you can't get one locally but I would be open to trades if that's an option.

pulled the steering column last night. cant believe how many connections go into this thing.

just info for the board: '91 manual mj with no tilt but cruise & intermittent wipers.

3 coming off it. not sure what the extra orange tip wire is... maybe a ground?
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

5-6 (2) separate connections. 1blue 1 white
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

35ish with steering wheel
ry%3D480

I would have to ship but it did come out of a manual w/ tilt , cruise, and wipers. I wouldn't really know how much to ask for it if it will work for you and you can't get one locally but I would be open to trades if that's an option.

so I'm guessing the ND stands for North Dakota? that might be more to ship than just going to p-n-p.
p-n-p wants 48.99 & 4.99 core plus tax for a steering column w/tilt&wheel.

if I cant find one then yes cause it sound right. trade... sure I have parts for both rigs. looking for anything in particular.

did a search yesterday. some say yes some say no. one said the connections were different. one said it doesn't just bolt up
but the yrs the '94 was going in was all over the place. I still don't know.

nothbound sorry i got lucky at p-n-p today. didnt find a tilt but found a 8/90 hi-output manual. got home and looked at my build date and it's 10/90... what are the chances a 25yr old brother was waiting to donate it's steering column. going to go buy a mega ticket.:sunshine:

yes i tried my key in the ignition.

get this. so i decided to try all the jeep keys i have laying around. my old '93 zj key unlocked the ignition plus a freshly cut key i had for the mj. the 8/90's ignition is worn out just because i had to use one key and then the other. i think i remember somebody posting something like this yrs ago but really? at least now i can get the ignition out.

plus a very worn out '95 zj key unlocked the '91 mj doors. i know there are only so many combo's and everything i have is over 20yrs old but now I'm a little more pist that they broke my rear slider.

a cutoff switch might be the right way to go if you want to keep your junk.

That sucks. Mine got stolen last year right out of my driveway. I should have trusted my dogs. They were barking and while I was trying to look out the window to see why, it started up and rolled down the driveway. I got out the door and to the rear quarter panel as he was driving off. He got startled and hit the gas going around the corner leaving my tract. With the Detroit in the rear he almost lost it and hit my neighbor's fence. I've played that scene out in my head a few times. I ran in and called 911 and on their way to my house the jeep went by going the other direction. It ended up being three agencies (Clovis PD, Fresno PD, and Fresno Sheriffs) high speed pursuit, spike strips, and an almond orchard. After all that the a-hole got away. But hey, I got it back complete and had an excuse to buy new tires.:yap: Still working on the steering column.

ugh I think that would have been devastating to be that close. good to hear you got it back.

got my steering column back together last night. a bunch of parts but they are really simple to work on. i could see it being a lot more difficult (1st timer) if it was still in the rig.

just bought a new ignition. $35-45 online + shipping. $55 autozone. $60+ to have it rekeyed. just bought a new one from autozone. i have 3 sets of door locks so going to play with those and see if i can match them to the new ignition key.

side note: orange tipped wire is cruise control.

got my new slider a couple days ago. 4 panel which kid of sucks but seems to be good quality. just need to order tires but will do this after i get the rig running. know idea if it's ****ed up.

edit: and i didn't need a key to get the ignition out. just info.

Last edited:
drove it to work this morning so it's time to order new tires and **** u thieves! :)

last week I received my new tires. had a set of ravine rims that I was going to use if I ever decided to paint/clean-up/restore the mj
or for the next xj project... guess it's time to clean-up the mj. still need to get the new slider installed but she's back on the road.
ry%3D480

the guy at wheel works asked if I wanted black or white out. I started to say black but changed my mind and said white!
again I just wanted to say **** u thieves!

Back