• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ sensor quesion

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
question:
Are the CTS and IAC from a 93 xj 4.0l HO motor and a 89 mj renix motor interchangable?

working on getting my Mj motor solid. Old rig was a 93 xj and is now the parts rig for whatever swaps.

I have replaced:
cooling system
fuel pump
inline fuel filter
MAP
TPS
O2
CPS
new Vac lines hooked up correctly
cap
rotor
plugs
wires
distributer gear
coil
main power and grounds off of battery

I am fighting horrible MPG and a slight rough idle and slight hesatation when hitting the gas.

No on the IAC.

And no on the CTS.

Last edited:
info on the 89 mj is it lift? bigger tires..? stick or auto? and what exactly are you getting in the way of mileage?

sounds like you have a long list of replaced parts!

have you pulled a plug and checks for color? do they smell like fuel?

question:
Are the CTS and IAC from a 93 xj 4.0l HO motor and a 89 mj renix motor interchangable?

working on getting my Mj motor solid. Old rig was a 93 xj and is now the parts rig for whatever swaps.

I have replaced:
cooling system
fuel pump
inline fuel filter
MAP
TPS
O2
CPS
new Vac lines hooked up correctly
cap
rotor
plugs
wires
distributer gear
coil
main power and grounds off of battery

I am fighting horrible MPG and a slight rough idle and slight hesatation when hitting the gas.

did you test/inspect any of those parts before you replaced them? what about the egr system, have you tested that?

Back