• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ fuel pump assembly (SWB)

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Mine rusted out... looking for a fuel pump assembly - including the metal part held down by the locking ring - for a 91 or a 92. It looks like a '90 *might* work but it probably won't after comparing diagrams in the parts catalogs. Name your price, the more rust free it is the more I'll pay!

Exact part number I need - 4637 184 (along with attached parts)

Too bad it's not an earlier MJ. I THINK I have a spare '88 tank around here somewhere.

yeah... 91/92 are kinda screwed on parts availability :( What engine was the '88 tank for? I might be able to use it with an external pump and put a different pickup tube on it now that I think about it

It had a 4.0. I'll have to scrounge around and see if I still have it.

Either of you find em? I want to buy your old car junk :eyes:

How much rust does it have on it (if any?) I'll take the chance and hope for the best at this point. How much are you asking?

The floor pans in the truck were still solid, the outside of the tank was clean/rust free and came from a truck wrecked less than 60 days ago.

Since a NAXJA member was nice to me today and hooked me up, with the pump $30 shipped, If you don't need the pump $11.24($10.90+3% for paypal) for USPS flat rate.

I'll take it with the pump... and continue the favor for whoever needs parts next! I'll PM you my address, what's your paypal?

Shipped today, let me know if you need guidence reassembling the fuel sender.

BTW: The little extra tasted sweet (6x Stella Artois)

Awesome, thanks a ton!

Glad you got something good :thumbup: Let me know if you are ever in the area or need spare parts from my junk pile.

Got here a few days ago, it's been in the MJ since about 2pm. Thanks a ton! That thing was 100% rust free, I am really jealous of the south now...

The ONLY thing wrong with it is that my gas gauge now works in reverse. Oops :looney: it seems they switched the way that worked between RENIX and OBD-I, no big deal, it barely worked before I swapped it and I'm pretty sure I can hack something up to make it work properly or swap a RENIX gas gauge into my OBD-I cluster or something. It's well worth it anyways simply because now the MJ isn't getting ready to emulate a Pinto... the old one was RUSTY.

:cheers:

Back