• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ for Cherokee

No offense to you guys that spend time down there,but last time I was down there I had all my stuff stolen from the house I was staying in AND had to bribe a cop for running a stop sign we never could find. Also the thought of children with more firepower than I have in my safe bothers me a little.

On the other hand, I did sell a car to a guy in Mexico once, smooth deal, nice guy,brought cash.

For this one....Smog could be a big problem if someone notices the motor swap. Then you have to go to a referee station and it will have to pass for whatever vehicle the motor came from. This could be a PITA if the swap was not complete from air filter to tailpipe.

well i just offered the guy my 97 cherokee so we'll see what happens :p

Yank the engine out and buy a donkey to pull it.

Looks nice. Only thing I would wonder is why is he looking to trade? Looks like a really nice MJ to just trade away... I'm tempted to offer my 96 in trade. His is a lot nicer than mine and I'm looking to get a truck...

Now tell me when was the last time you guys spent anytime in Baja?I am down there at least 6 weeks a year.
About 2 years ago. Went a every couple of months for about 5 years. Theres been a number of times our cars have been broken into and or stolen. It really doesnt matter what anybody (you or I) says about the place, Shit will go down to anybody at anytime. Some just get lucky.

About 2 years ago. Went a every couple of months for about 5 years. Theres been a number of times our cars have been broken into and or stolen. It really doesnt matter what anybody (you or I) says about the place, Shit will go down to anybody at anytime. Some just get lucky.

yep, my uncles new chevy 3500 was stolen right across the border about 5 months ago, never saw it again even though it has that onstar stuff. they could see where it is but insurance wouldnt go get it.

First I want to say: I have no personnal experience of problems in Mexico, however as a member of the Military I recieved security briefings and I can tell you the border towns of Mexico are experiencing record crime/murder/kidnapping rates right now. There seems to be a war going on between two large drug lords.

The Marine Commander of the area has forbidden Marines from going to Mexico.

Not sure what that means for you, but my advise concerning travel to Mexico would be to travel with a sense of caution.

"As for your wish Cherokee ...?
If we have treated​

my English is not verry good but i treat jajajajja..! sorry"

this is what he replied back to my email. I dont speak mexican so does ne1 know what jajaja means???? lol

To get back on subject,this looks like a very nice MJ.The smog should not be a problem with a newer motor.If the paper work is in proper order(no bill of sale etc,in or from Mexico) transfering back to CA is not a problem.

Looks nice. Only thing I would wonder is why is he looking to trade? Looks like a really nice MJ to just trade away... I'm tempted to offer my 96 in trade. His is a lot nicer than mine and I'm looking to get a truck...
So he can fit the rest of his family in it.. duh!

Last edited by a moderator:
So he can fit the rest of his family in it.. duh!
** racist joke deleted **

Once was enough...probably too much for some. I wouldn't push your luck in a state where white is the minority. If you really need to post stuff like this, but a membership and post it in the den.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a repost, then that is my bad. I didn't see my previous post. And as for the joke.. they call them JOKES for a reason.

If it is a repost, then that is my bad. I didn't see my previous post. And as for the joke.. they call them JOKES for a reason.

You didn't see it because it got deleted. Trust me, I laughed, but some others don't and i just wanted you to know before you get yourself in trouble.

Back