• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ ----> DD(Daily Driver)

tjbliley

NAXJA Forum User
Here is a short summary of what I have done. I will be expanding this as time allows later. This project started in Feb of 2006. I have been working on it since then. I started with a 2WD 88MJ Shortbed. It did not run and it was in bad shape mechanically. The rest(body,frame, interior) was in ok shape. Did a 2WD to 4WD swap and added an AW4 tranny since old one was bad.

I have been making some small changes to my MJ over the last few weeks. It is becoming more of a daily driver. I got a new front bumper, which meant I would have to swap springs to hold up said bumper. Then that meant I had to lift the rear to match the front. Then I had to cut a little off the front to make the bumper look OK. So it is coming along but there are still some things left to do. I am going to need to replace the Cat. When I do this I am hoping to find someone on here to weld it up for me. Then I will add a new muffler and tailpipe, so hopefully the sound will be a little quieter and more civilized.

Here are some pics from the transformation so far.

021906004.jpg

When I first got it and it did not even run.

Stuff284.jpg

After the 2WD to 4WD swap and at its maiden voyage offroad.

MJ003a.jpg

After the bumper install, with the front springs and an AAL.

MJ008.jpg

After some Lift shackles and some trimming, as well as some new to me front shocks.

MJ005a.jpg

MJ006.jpg

MJ007.jpg

Didn't trim much but it makes a huge difference.

Next is removing the stripes and doing some body work. It just may have to go wheeling in the next month or so. It looks like it needs it.

A few days later I got back to work.

Stripes Stripped. Cleaned it up a little. Still going to drop the molding on the bottom and use gray Herc up to that body line. Should look pretty good.

MJ010.jpg

MJ009.jpg

Every Vehicle I have has a price but I doubt you would want to pay the asking price. Since I am not in the market to sell it is probably out of your range.:D

tjbliley said:
Stripes Stripped. Cleaned it up a little. Still going to drop the molding on the bottom and use gray Herc up to that body line. Should look pretty good.

Use white Herc

Where do you get white herc. I have seen black, gray and red. Thats it.

Nevermind. Found it. Did not have it last time I looked(which was a while ago).

Last edited:
Holding it down for the VA, I love that thing.

(Until I saw the last pic's, I was about to rag on you for those flares hangin down) :D

What'd you have to do to the motor to get her firing on all 6

Took out the sawzall and hacked off the front two cylinders and made it a 2.5l. Its just a 4-banger. It is running better everyday. I am working on taking back to as close to stock as I can get it. gonna make it a daily driver for my son who will be 12 this summer. When He gets his liscence it should be ready. Only about 4 years. I have plenty of time to make it right. I had to tear down the motor and do some minor intake and exhaust work. Still need a new cat and muffler. That will come in the next few months. Only got a 5 on the windshield. When the weather breaks, I am going to do more body work and make it look a little better. For now, the interior gets some little fixes. More pics to come.

That's gettin along pretty nice bro.. Let me know if you want a hand wrenching. Jeff's got my #..

Back