• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ burns!

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Went up to a friends camp and we had MAJOR problems. The gas and brake pedal got stuck. The clutch wouldnt go down either. We didnt know what to do. So we enjoyed it.

IM000478%20(Small).JPG

IM000491%20(Small).JPG

IM000492%20(Small).JPG

IM000494%20(Small).JPG

IM000495%20(Small).JPG

IM000496%20(Small).JPG

IM000508%20(Small).JPG

IM000555%20(Small).JPG

Afterwards the cords came seperated from the tire, it still held air and was balooned out pretty bad. Ill use it for high speeds only now.

hmmmmm.....I wonder what the penalty for cruelty to an MJ is..... maybe Eagle would like to say a word about this..... :rof: Kind of hard on a nice looking truck eh??

The MJ liked it, it told me in my sleep. :)

The tires were junk, dry rotted around the bead and werent legal anymore.

Someone's gonna need new rear brakes soon ..........

I learned my lesson about doin burnouts 4 years ago the day before I sold my 94' Z28 for my First Jeep ............ It was Fun but the cop patrolling on a dark back road in the country didnt think it was as fun as I did

in Md a burnout will cost you $50 a foot or $100 a foot if you have a locker ........ if caught by the wrong cop

I was on the recieving end of a $6,800 ticket + court cost The judge threw it out and said if I want to do burnouts goto a drag strip

Last edited:
Well, I was in the middle of nowhere, if you do see a cop, its probably a miracle.

I need to grow up? If your saying that your too old.

well i agree with rev, and i'm pretty sure i'm not too old

Yeah burnout were cool in High school. But then you quickly relize that brakes and tires are expensive.

18....most of us did the same crap....I know I did when I had my 72 Nova SS.
Owned it for a whole hour...

Coming home off the off ramp...lit them up...looked for the fuzz before hand...and lo and behold through the cloud of smoke he came...

oh the joy to be 18 again....

$hit...I am old.

:(

Somehow he didn't buy the "clutch got stuck" story...:dunno:

summitlt said:
Well, I was in the middle of nowhere, if you do see a cop, its probably a miracle.

I need to grow up? If your saying that your too old.

Ahhhh...the middle of nowhere excuse. Hasta

Yup...I am old, not as old as some, but older than many. When I was young and stupid I did that kinda crap too, but experiance has taught me lessons. You have not learned yet....but you will, hopefully you will not kill a familly of 4 when you do.

Rev

cruelty to MJ's? now MJ's are people too!

wasted expensive tires? old worn tires worth more than you'd think I guess!

remoteness excuse? vs killing paying spectators at the track! accidents can happen anywhere, do we not take precautions and minimize the risks of our sport all the time? well even if arguably, burnouts in remote locations albeit onroad probably still safer than prerunning around a blind turn on the way back to the trail head after a trial run for the average family of 4 that might come along. At least in this case they had a good straight stretch of road in good visibility with a highly noticable cloud of smoke for warning potential oncoming traffic!

burnouts cool in highschool? the old showoff in front of peers thing, yeah some like that and there you have a point (high school, ie nieve spectators crowding around = recipie for disaster) whatever the motivaton, it's still fun for the average automotive enthusiest joe with some old tires about to be swapped out, I know many older than me types who enjoy it and perfer nobody watching but do it quite safely and regularly right around town.

giving NAXJA a bad name? I re-vamped a song for that one
[Bon Jovi voice] locked in your clutch and your to blame nana you give NAXJA a bad name bad name
you took some pics and posted the same nana you give NAXJA a bad name whoa you give NAXJA..(guitar solo) [/Bon Jovi Voice]
:eyes:

I love this.

Rev, I think ill be ok.

I cannot fathom how I would kill a family of four doing a burnout. Really dont. Cant even imagine how that would be possible...

Worn tires are worth something? Wow!!! Is that why you see stock tires with good tread in the free section here on Naxja all the time? The tires were junk, they wouldnt pass inspection so I need to keep the intact so that just in case I get bored I can look that them? Thats all they were good for.

I guess some Naxja members are part of the AFSJT and its sister corperation AFSOSAM

(association for saving junk tires) and (association for safety of squirrel s and moose)

Next time I go to do a burnout, ill try to remember what you guys said here. But I highly doubt ill remember.

Back