• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ/buggy for sale in NC

BIGWOODY

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't put this in the for sale section because I'm not sure of how to price it or how complete someone would want it. But here's the deal, as to what you would get and what you wouldn't get and what I'd be willing to do to it for the right price. It's an 88MJ/buggy, the cage is 1.5" DOM, It has 1/4 elipt. rear suspension with double triagualted 4 link. The links are 1 3/4" dom sleeving 1.5" welded seem tubing with RE superflex joints on both ends, the rear shocks are 14" bilstein 5150's. I will leave the rear 9" housing with all the bracketry and truss on it, but will be taking the center section and axle shafts/ I will include stock 9" 3rd member and 31 spline shafts. The front suspension is RE long arms on a clayton X-members. The long arms are less than 4 months old. The front springs are skyjacker RR 8" coils. The track bar is an RE HD bar and bracket combo. All the front suspension is set up to bolt directly to a stock axle/ the HP60 will not be included. RCI fuel cell will be included, rockequipment rear sway bar is included, APC seats and harnesses will be included. The transmission is a late model AW4 (23 spline), the Atlas T-case will not be included, but any late model (91 up) 231 or 242 T-case will bolt right in. Both driveshafts (CV's) will be included with spares front and rear. The motor is a 4.6 stroker built 2 years ago and has gobs of power as for milage I really don't know, it has been a trailer queen since the day it was built. Basically you get the whole truck minus the front axle/t-case , 35 spline 3rd and shafts for the 9"...but you get stock 31 spline replacements.
I will also included in the deal 4 allied 32 beadlocks with 38.5 SXs and a spare rockcrawler wheel with a 38" spare.
For the right offer I will build a HP44 for the front ,add a stock t-case , and assemble the 9" witht he stock stuff so you can wheel right away. If none of this works out I will part out in mid. NOV. sorry if this isn't the forum for this, just didn't know where else to put it.
I'm not trying to toot my own horn but those of you who have seen this rig in action know that it's built pretty much bullet proof, there aren't any booger welds on it and it goes just about anywhere. The rear 4 link works awesome the antisquat is just about perfect and there is no flex steer. At Dixie run 05 it was one of the few rigs that made the last ledge on lower 2 after numerous buggies were denied. I hate to part it out I hope someone buys it near complete. If you have a beat up cherokee around you could swap stuff in and ride in a day. The front clip is all that's left of the body and it is pretty beat up, new fenders and header are cheap and I would included for what they cost me (about $100 new). I'm sure I've forgotten stuff but I'll answer questions. If you want to drive or ride in it before it's disassembled let me know, It'll be at DPG ride #5 in two weeks.
The wheel base is 107" and the top of the cage is 6'3" with 39's on it.

f3a067f2.jpg

100_0364.jpg

hackedxj said:
I saw it on the ledge on lower2 at the Dixie Run 05, very impressive! some fine driving too.
It was all the buggy, no drivng skill at all. LOL :laugh3:

NCSUcherokee said:
Man, If I had a tow rig I would be all over that. Plans for a new rig?

81919d26.jpg

Got all my parts to assemble a direct copy of this, except my front clip is a "glass" narrowed TJ 48" at the cowl. LT1/t350/atlas 3.8/ hp60/35 spline9"/18" saw air shocks/4" air bumps/ aluminum links/etc... I hope this is the last rig I'll have to build..I'm throwing the big wallet at it.

BIGWOODY said:
I hope this is the last rig I'll have to build..I'm throwing the big wallet at it.[/QUOTE]
BIG WALLET??? Where does one find the big wallet. I've only found the one my wife and 2 year old are attached to! I want a Big wallet too...... :wave:

Back