• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mission: Name these parts...

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm re-assembling my XJ and need to know where this go?

Picture013.jpg

Door sills at the top maybe? I dunno, they look similiar to each other, right and left hand I'm guessing?

Bottom piece looks similar to a piece I pulled this weekend on my '96 to get to my upper radiator support. I seem to remember it having five holes on one side where it tied into the radiator support and 4 holes on the other side that attached to the fiberglass panel with the Jeep logo above the grille. Radiator support side was tied in with 5 bolts with a 10mm head and a washer sort of thing below the head. The panel side was attached to studs in the fiberglass panel with 4 10mm nuts, also with a washer sort of thing. If that's it, careful putting those nuts in... I managed to break two of the studs off the fibeglass taking them off. Bit of good parts-store adhesive and it was fixed though.

Some way to tell scale would be helpful. Any dimensions? That longer piece looks like it belongs to the top of the rear bumper

the top two look like the pieces that contact the inner glass on the doors, which I think originally attached to the removable panel. In any case, look at the doors. There should be wiper strips on both inside and outside of the glass. If something is missing, these will be likely.

Does this help?
WWW.png

The two shorter pieces press into the channel on the lower front doors. The longer looks like it is for the front a-pillar between the a-pillar and front doors

What year model did it come off?

Back