• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mileage tips

I've run Chevron Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner in various vechilces for about 12 years now, and I swear by it. Particularly for dirty injectors.

As for Acetone, I was using it in my 87 4.0 Renix @ 1.5oz/10 gallons. I saw an increase of about 1.5 MPG. It took about 4 tanks before I saw this, but afterwards it was consistent. I kept my driving to around 70 MPH for my 20 mile commute to and from work.

Buying a 95 soon, so I'll have a whole new system to play with.

Erik

I donno about speed and gas mileage, but no matter what I do, I constantly get 13-15mpg no matter what speed I drive. I tried driving the speed limit for a week (no greater than 65mph) running through 3 tanks of gas in a week and never got more than 14mpg. Then I compared it to driving normal for me, with a lead foot and fast and I got 15.5mpg, so better gas mileage at higher speeds for me. I don't really understand why, so I donno. I have 35's and 4.56 gears with the 4.0L, K&N, 180*thermostat, Thorley headers, 2.25 custom mendrel bent exhaust and suv performance flowmaster muffler, and the AW4. Donno, I'm looking for better MPG but don't know where to find it. I'll be watching this thread.

langer1 said:
You should be getting 17ct 22hw stock you need to fix it first.

You must drive like a little old lady :)

EPA estimates for an auto XJ are 15 city, 19 highway. I usually get 17-19 mixed city and highway on my 00 XJ. On the highway I usually go 75 which doesn't help. I once got 22-23 on my old 88 XJ but it was a manual which makes a big difference.

Back