• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Midwest Caravan

Beezil said:
...puts me at the knute rest area around 6:30-6:45 central time

Works for me

Hey 'Wheeler ... initially I was going to leave Thursday AM but I think I'm going to try and hook up with the Illini crew up at the 80/90 and 69 interchange ... or somewhere in that area ... Wednesday AM.

You and Scott Mac still plannin' on going down together (no pun intended)? If some of us cannot make the earlier group, it would be nice to know how, when, and where you guys are making the trip. Made any definate plans?

Les

lbexj said:

You and Scott Mac still plannin' on going down together (no pun intended)? If some of us cannot make the earlier group, it would be nice to know how, when, and where you guys are making the trip. Made any definate plans?

Les

Dan hacked the plans up again. Now I'll have to wait for another time to play twister with his wife. My wife and I are leaving Wed morning.

See ya there Les.

I will be at the 275 and I80 junction at around noon on wednesday if anyone wants to meet there.... Since I am thinking that taking a 5 month pregnant wife with me is a bad idea, I will be alone :(

les, right now I'm planning on leaving around 5 or 6 am Thurs morn, that shoud put me down on the 80/90 around 9 am or so, that's the plans. Let me know what you're thinking, and keep in mind that the bus only goes 65 mph on the level, 35 up hill and 85 down the mountains.

And yes, I screwed up the plans to haul the Macs down, but I was thinking of bringing the twister board to have some 'invite only' campfire sessions. I still have the baby oil, and Steph, your on the 'A' list. :D

Damn 'Wheeler ... now I am going to have to set up an additional shakedown run ... been so long since I've done Baby Oil and Twister, I'd better make sure nothing breaks before the "big show"! :wow:

Les

I'm still plannin' on meeting all the Chicago and N. Illinois group up in the NE corner of Indiana early Wednesday AM (I69 & I80/90 interchange). I figuring you all will be passing through there ~8:30 - 9:00AM. We're leaving the house here at 4:30 - 5:00AM. I'll be in touch with Lesslimited via cellular to make the rendezvous.

That's our plan ...

Les

Oh ... and PS ...

Sorry 'Wheeler about not getting back to you on my definate plans ... but 35 mph up those hills ( and there are a lot of them ) is a drag. If I still had those 3.55's in, I'd probably been doing the same all the way out there.

Still plannin' on the Twister and Baby Oil though ... all "Shaked Down" and ready!!!! :clap:

Les

lbexj said:
Oh ... and PS ...

Sorry 'Wheeler about not getting back to you on my definate plans ... but 35 mph up those hills ( and there are a lot of them ) is a drag. If I still had those 3.55's in, I'd probably been doing the same all the way out there.

Still plannin' on the Twister and Baby Oil though ... all "Shaked Down" and ready!!!! :clap:

Les

hey, not a problem, I understand better than you know. I'll be hauling two jeeps out there with the entire family aboard and we're now planning on leaving around midnight or one am Thurs morn.

see ya all out there.

dan

IntrepidXJ said:
less than 2 weeks. what's the final plan? knute rest area around 6:30-6:45 central time?

i'm probably gonna be leaving at 5am or so

That's still the plan. So there's no confusion, Knute Rockne rest area is at mile 56 from IL border almost 20 miles east of South Bend. Never been there, but I imagine there's a truck parking area which is where we'll need to be. This drive is about the maximum distance I care to drive in one day, and Beezil agrees that we need to keep stops at a minimum ( fuel, p, fast food to eat while driving ) so we can get there at a reasonable hour. After driving the Winnebago that long, I know I'll need at least a couple beers to unwind, and I definitely don't want to try to find the campground in the dark.

lesslimited said:
That's still the plan. So there's no confusion, Knute Rockne rest area is at mile 56 from IL border almost 20 miles east of South Bend. Never been there, but I imagine there's a truck parking area which is where we'll need to be. This drive is about the maximum distance I care to drive in one day...

If we only go 56 miles a day, we will be at NAC on the 26th! :roll: :wave:

lesslimited said:
This drive is about the maximum distance I care to drive in one day, and Beezil agrees that we need to keep stops at a minimum ( fuel, p, fast food to eat while driving ) so we can get there at a reasonable hour. After driving the Winnebago that long, I know I'll need at least a couple beers to unwind, and I definitely don't want to try to find the campground in the dark.

How about we state up front, that if someone is stopping too often or falling behind, the group will not wait. Simple as that.

Urban Redneck said:
If we only go 56 miles a day, we will be at NAC on the 26th! :roll: :wave:
:doh: Guess I didn't engage brain before posting :D

yea also less and lbexj pm me your numbers so i can make sure im keeping up. and lbexj im not sure where parke county is but either i can call you or you can call me and tell me. if your south of indy thats even better cause youll be going through my neck of the woods on the way up. man i still got so much shit to do. got to get bumpers.

Back