• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

You gotta ride shotgun.......

The toll road has you on camera entering and leaving , so even if he had a good lead he is pretty much caught ...should have dropped the hammer where he can run and duck off the interstate not the toll road . I recall the segregated truck speed on that toll road section and watching State patrol enforce it and thinking why are you on a paid toll road ...GTFO...

Well, the Demon is out and available to order now. Amazing car and owner's package. Was glad to hear they'll be limiting production to 2018 only and 3,300 cars total. Had hoped they were gonna limit the HC production. Oh well.

840 hp, 770 torque, 9.6 sec 1/4 mile in the 140's mph.

Banned by NHRA from competition unless cage installed.

The intake intercoolers are cooled with the car's A/C system.

Shipped from factory with trans brake system and 315/40/18 drag radials.

As offered, no radio, no passenger front or rear seats, bare trunk. All can be added for $4.00. Odd I know, but interesting nonetheless.

Owner gets a trunk shipped out to them with a Track Pack: Front skinny wheels and tires, drag computer, Air Grabber intake kit, 4-point safety harness, electric impact gun, aluminum floor jack, stands, ground mat, fender covers, all kinds of cool stuff for your track pit. The trunk gets its own VIN tag and owner's name engraved to match the car.

Someone on Hellcat.org claims to have placed their order with an unspecified build or delivery date. $86,400 plus taxes.

Dodge says they want to combat the dealerships buying and marking them up so none will be sent without a buyers order. Dealerships will be told who gets to sell Demons and how many specifically they will get. Dunno if this will keep dealerships from taking money under the table to put buyers ahead of other buyers..... ?

Will be interesting to see if these will ever be re-sold at more than what they paid, at auction or otherwise. Hard to imagine one of these in 20 years being worth Hemi Cuda money.

2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-leaked-specs-1024x576.jpg

in-collaboration-with-dodge-snap-on-business-solutions-delivers-720x480-c.jpg

DG018_082CLc865cl2ujn4leko839mn0cq7fk.jpg

DG018_128CL2lag795643ic73ovd5ka024qtm.jpg

Sub 10 second car from factory that is under 100k is pretty impressive . Yeah just to run this at Bandimere you will either need to soft pedal it or put a DOM cage in it the second you make a pass sub 10 seconds .

I don't think the cage thing is an issue, at least in Colorado. To get that into the 9's, I'm guessing that is at sea level, driver who is on their A-game, and perfect conditions. Bring the car here, and the altitude is gonna slow'er down a bit.

It's not n/a though so difference won't be tooo crazy. And that's on a stock tune.

Correct, I was more so speaking from straight off the showroom floor. I highly doubt you'd take one from the dealer straight to Bandimere and click off 9's. Once the tuners get a hold of it, that's a whole different story.

Either way, it's a bad bitch for a production car!

Last edited:
Bandimere's rules:

11.49 seconds (7.35 1/8th)

SFI 1.1 or 1.2 Flywheel / Clutch
SFI 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 or 9.1 Flywheel shield
SFI 3.2A/1 approved jacket
Roll bar
SFI approved seat belts
Drive Line Loop with street tires
Full Leathers on M/C, ATV and Snowmobile @ 120 MPH

10.99 seconds (6.99 1/8th) or Super Street

SFI 4.1 Transmission Shield, or at 135 mph
Locking transmission dipstick tube
Aftermarket axles and axle retainers
SFI Harmonic Balancer
Roll Cage with altered floor pans, or 135 mph - Window net required
Ignition cut-off on all bikes / snowmobiles that exceed 135 mph

9.99 seconds (6.39 1/8th) or Super Gas or 135 mph

NHRA Chassis Certification
NHRA Competition License
SFI jacket & pants 3.2A/5
SFI neck collar & gloves 3.3/1
SFI 29.1 flexplate / 30.1 flexplate shield (AT equipped cars)
Full Face Helmet meeting Snell or SFI specifications

Pretty sure the Bandimere Tech guys will wave you off from the inspection line unless you show them a certified cage.

Meh, that's why I don't drag race....too many stupid rules! LOL

yep cage needs to be DOM not sure.on thickness rules I know they test the bends for minimum thickness the cage does need built by anyone special but they do not allow welds that show visible grinding ...Buddy just built a 426 Camaro and had to meet those requirements .

You do not need to meet the speed requirements if you don't make a pass fast enough to require them., but the first pass you do they will pull you off the track until you meet them .

Back