• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Memorial Miller Run *pics*

ruggedjeep

NAXJA Forum User
A last minute Miller run was a good call. Since i stayed in town this year i figured I atleast need to get out and wheel. A group of us met at Flyin J at 930am had a quick inroduction and head out. Aaron suggested we run up a fire road/trail that would eventually lead to lockwood/Miller so the newbies in the group could get their feet a bit dusty before getting into anything serious. It was a good idea, the weather was amazing and the scenery even better. Im Not sure what the exact name of the trail was, hopefully Robert or Aaron will chime in with that. Along for the run was a stock Nissan Pathfinder and stock TJ and i must say they both performed well. They both took a strap occasionally but for the most part they held their own.
On with the pics, sorry i dont have any serious action shots camera time was limited..
Airing down
DSCN2399.jpg

up at the top near the old ranger station
DSCN2401.jpg

DSCN2400.jpg

DSCN2404.jpg

DSCN2410.jpg

on to lockwood, everyone made it up gatekeeper just fine and proceeded to the first rock garden
DSCN2412.jpg

oh oh.. :shocked: was i not supposed to post this one.. :shhh: :D
DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2413.jpg

he just wanted to use the winch, it had been a while... :explosion

Robert doin it..
DSCN2418.jpg

Kabob Hill
DSCN2419.jpg

DSCN2421.jpg

DSCN2426.jpg

the squeeze
DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2430.jpg

and 2 for the stockers...
DSCN2431.jpg

the poopfinder.. 8)
DSCN2427.jpg

anyone else with pics, post em up...

And the award for carnage of the day goes too.... ME!
DSCN2433.jpg

the heim pulled itself out of the trac-bar damaging the threads on both the heim end and on the bar. We were able to fix the threads on the heim with a flat head and a file but the trac-bar was a bit different. After pondering a while I pulled out the grinder and the airtank and Aaron (with his steady hand) grinded off close to 1 thread and with a bit convincing we got it to thread on. Thanks Aaron for the help !
I beleive Robert has the action shots of Aaron grinding the rod in between his legs.. :looney:

All in all it was agreat day, got to meet a new group of wheelers. Look forward to wheeling with you gusy again.

-Mike party1:

Cool pictures I too was thinking about going up to Millers this past weekend but was stuck working on the house. If I want to go to Swamp this year I need to get two rooms done. Looks like fun.

where is Millers exactly? looks like a nice fun / easy trip

djblade311 said:
where is Millers exactly? looks like a nice fun / easy trip

It's off of Lockwood Valley Rd. The trail goes across Piru Creek, and up Alamo Mt. Going "up" the trail, you exit thru Hungry Valley. The trail is in the Chuck Wells SoCal guide.

There are alot of trails in the area, all easy to medium. The Cherry Creek area can be alot of fun. There is also a side trail off the Lockwood trail that has a few good obstacles. The whole area, including Mt. Pinos is great country and has great camping.

Last year during Fright Night, I ran the trail like 6 times over the weekend. Once, going down, at night, in 35 mins flat. :D

I think it's best as a night run trail.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
It's off of Lockwood Valley Rd. The trail goes across Piru Creek, and up Alamo Mt. Going "up" the trail, you exit thru Hungry Valley. The trail is in the Chuck Wells SoCal guide.

There are alot of trails in the area, all easy to medium. The Cherry Creek area can be alot of fun. There is also a side trail off the Lockwood trail that has a few good obstacles. The whole area, including Mt. Pinos is great country and has great camping.

Last year during Fright Night, I ran the trail like 6 times over the weekend. Once, going down, at night, in 35 mins flat. :D

I think it's best as a night run trail.

--ron

Thanks Capn!

Nice pic's sorry we missed it. Was out there the weekend before resulting in a blown clutch line just before we made it home. Nice to see all the flowers opening up. Glad you guy's ha a good time

Rob

I finally got a few pics together from the trip, I'll get them posted up tonight or tomorrow.
It was a great trip, there should be a few more of these trips soon, maybe bc109, ar some others up in the Mt pinos area.

Aaron

Back