• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet & Greet at Wright's Farm Restaurant

I'm still planning to be there.

Definitely no wheeling for me. Blew the rear brakes on the MJ today -- I may have it repaired by then, but don't want to take any chances.

it doesnt look like there will be any organized wheeling before-hand unless one of the RI crew feels up to leading the way.... so unless someone volunteers we should consider it a non-wheeling event.. as originally posted..
mike

C/R Update

Hey Gang,

Few question,

*sidriptide: do you handle memberships? if so I would like to sign up... decals would be cool also!
* I want to wheel... who else is in?
* time for the wheeling?
* time for the M/G at Wrights Farm?

I have been taking my XJ through the ropes today at a local trail... my tires have great traction ... also found out were I need to do some triming on my stock flares!

email [email protected]

Later,
Rob

UltraRobXJ said:
*sidriptide: do you handle memberships? if so I would like to sign up... decals would be cool also!

I'm not Sid, but as Chapter pres I guess I can butt in here. Here's the link to NAXJA membership info:

https://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

Once you are a member of NAXJA, membership in the North Atlantic Chapter is free (for now, at least, and we hope to keep it that way) to any member of NAXJA in our region, and to any NAXJA member from other parts of the country who chooses to affiliate with us. You get a NAXJA sticker when you join the national. Chapter stickers are available from Mike in NJ. I know they cost $5 ea for three or more, don't recall what the cost is for a single sticker.

* I want to wheel... who else is in?
* time for the wheeling?

I won't be wheeling. Don't know if I'll have rear brakes in the MJ by next weekend. Somebody will probably be up for a short jaunt, though.

* time for the M/G at Wrights Farm?

4:00 p.m. Assemble in the rear parking lot. (Go in the entrance drive, stay to the left, and proceed beyond the building.)

Hey guys, I hope to make it, we'll bring the XJ this time....We're up for
wheelin, oh , by the way....Im Detour on the CT. board...Hey Mike, Earl &
all the other great folks I met up with at the last Chick'in Run!! Did I mention
we're up for WHEELIN?!! Maybe, I can pull a few more Ct'ers along.....every-
one seems to be rebuilding!!! :eek:

Later :looney:

I am for the wheeling. Time??? Place??

Details should be placed on this thread in order to get some motivation brewing!

Cool, I'll be coming down for the M&G at least. I'd love to do some wheeling too but I'd need to take the day off work, no problem but unless it's a definite at least a day or two before then I'll just have to concentrate on the CHicken's

Whell I am up for wheelin as whell are we going to the same place as you guys went to last time even though it dont matter I'll go anywhere I AM AN ADICT lol Looking forward to meeting you guys BRIAN

sorry guys but as previously posted there isnt gonna be any wheeling beforehand.. at least organized by myself or Earle...
party1: this is ALL ABOUT THE CHICKEN.... party1:

miike

Ok, here's the deal..

I got a new front driveshaft in the MJ today, and ran to the trails to check it out with a friend of mine.

Scott and I will be meeting up at the stop & shop in woonsocket off route 146 at 9am (take 146 into woonsocket, if you're coming from the south, you'll see a McDonalds on your right and then go left at the light and you will be in the parking lot, hopefully someone else in the know can direct the northern traffic)

we will be heading to the trail at 10am sharp. Show up early (because we always stand around and BS ;) )

If enough people show up, I will lead a stock group and Scott will lead a moderate/semi-hardcore group (nothing too nuts... it's all about the chicken anyways)

I was at axle hill and Steve's "warning sign" is still standing (well, it wasn't standing, but it is now :D)

Stock guys, there is PLENTY of fun to be had. I would strongly reccomend skidplates, and anyone with a stock longbed MJ may have some slight clearance issues but you can make it, and there are plenty of go-arounds.

If possible, I'd like to get some kind of head count going in the thread. we will NOT wait past 10:30 for any stragglers. My cell # is (570) 850-5013, if someone is running into trouble, or having trouble finding the place, CALL and we will wait or find you!

-Ryan

Cheap, I think the Stop & Shop is actually on 146A

From the south, take I-295 to the exit for Route 146 North (the second part of the 146 interchange). Go north for about 2 or 3 miles. You'll see a Jeep dealer on the left. About half a mile past that, the road splits. 146 goes left to Worcester, 146A goes right into Woonsocket. Mickey D's is about 3/4 of a mile on the right, the light for Stop & Shop is just after Mickey D's.

ok ryan. make a liar out of me.... i may wheel at the last minute but im not planning to since im hooking up with Earle for some stuff.... you bring me some good axles and i'll bring you some sexy TJ Rubicon flares for the CHEEP....

mike

sidriptide said:
ok ryan. make a liar out of me.... i may wheel at the last minute but im not planning to since im hooking up with Earle for some stuff.... you bring me some good axles and i'll bring you some sexy TJ Rubicon flares for the CHEEP....

mike
actually, they're for the MJ...

the XJ's goin fullwidth, ain't no amount of flare in the world (except possibly them 7" wide YJ bushwackers) will cover that.

no more pavement for the Cheep :laugh2:

CheapXJ,

My silly SWB roommate with a TJ went full width but used hummer rims. They have like 7 inches of backspacing or something. It will bring the wheels in more, that way in case you wanna narrow them down(axles) in the future you still have that ability too. plus you keep the nice short axle width. I still believe you gain some wheelbase by going fullwidth and hummer rims over stock axles. You will be a little wider than stock WMS according to him. You can keep the tires under ur rig and not need huge fenders?

I didn' tknow if you've looked into it.

I shouldbe able to make this if all goes well. :thumbup:

[I have several items on the For Sale forum and am planning to attend the Chicken Run at Wrights on 2/28.
I am 5 minutes away and could arrange something if anybody wants a MJ D35 or parts, MJ bare tailgate, passenger door stripped, useable, etc. 401-766-0182
or [email protected]

Back