• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet & Greet at Wright's Farm Restaurant

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
our friend Earle from RI is planning a M&G for the place we all love..... this is not another "chicken run". however if there is enough interest in wheeling before-hand i am sure someone might volunteer to lead the way.... Wright's Farm is an All-You-Can-Eat cafeteria-style restaurant where they seat you and justr start bringing big bowls of salad, bread, pasta, and of course the chicken.. i will have a definate date and time posted in the next day or two... but he is thinking it will be saturday Jan 31 or saturday Feb 7th ..... what kind of interest do we have?? wrights farm is in N smithfield RI off Rt 146..... about an hour from springfield... 30 mins from providence.... 45 mins from boston....

remember. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHICKEN!!!!
mike

http://www.wrightsfarm.com/

OK here's the poop........ Saturday Feb 28..... @4pm..... too many schedule conflicts force it to be pushed back but now we ALL have time to make sure we can do it....... as i said before there "may" be wheeling before hand but that decision will be made when the day gets closer.... hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!
mike

i'm expecting some attendees from CTJeep too... i hope the NAXJA showing is at least better than theirs but a jeep's a jeep so all are welcome.... bring the kids, the wife, a few friends..
mike

Hey, I heard that!!! We measured the BrokenXJ the other day, and it measured in at a 2" lift. I'm actually surprised it’s that high, because the rear springs are going the other way! I’m still suffering psychological problems from the last chicken run! I'm going just for chicken. I have to make the BrokenXJ go another season, and if Ryan, and Artie are going to be running 36's and Q's i'm going to have to figure something out. My birthday is Feb 12, maybe there's something coming :)

As of right now, I plan on being there.

BrokenXJ said:
Hey, I heard that!!! We measured the BrokenXJ the other day, and it measured in at a 2" lift. I'm actually surprised it’s that high, because the rear springs are going the other way! I’m still suffering psychological problems from the last chicken run! I'm going just for chicken. I have to make the BrokenXJ go another season, and if Ryan, and Artie are going to be running 36's and Q's i'm going to have to figure something out. My birthday is Feb 12, maybe there's something coming :)
the Cheep is back in PA, and broken :laugh2:

I'll be runnin a shortbed MJ w/ 235s and no low range

sounds like if we wheel it'll be just the road itself.. with the snow and ice that in itself will be interesting...
mike

sidriptide said:
sounds like if we wheel it'll be just the road itself.. with the snow and ice that in itself will be interesting...
mike
you can hit the road...

I'm gonna smash and bang the MJ through the fun stuff...

I gotta go wheelin SOOOOO BAD!!!!

this is worse than nicotine withdrawal.

Besides, I wanna wheel it ONCE before I cut it up and put 33's under it with the XJ's old front suspension + SOA and the XJ's old axles...

I might hafta take the "Cheep" emblem off of the XJ when I'm done with it :eek:

well steve dont count on me having the Q's just yet. im trying to save money for the Fj40 ya know, and trying to keep my wife from packing her bags because of it. p.s. the Fj is unconfirmed. anyways im gonna try and go. that is if my rear drive shaft is long enough. its one thing after another, go up an inch and its like building a jeep all over again. anyways i think the only thing steve will get on the 12th is a plate of day old chicken at the pizza shop. well i hope i can go see ya there if i do.

If I can get my new XJ running, and licensced and insured and all that, then I would like to go. No promises yet.

Erik

I expect to be there for the chicken. Probably won't be doing any wheeling this time, but after all ... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHICKEN!

Back