• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mechanic just told my mother her 01 XJ has a frame, NOT a unibody

I bought a 2001 Cherokee w/19,000 miles that was still under warranty in 2002 from Jasper Jeep in Jasper,Georgia. I was having problems with the check engine light and carried it in for service. I had been thinking about a lift kit and asked the Service Manager if a lift kit would void my warranty. He said that it could possiby void any drive train warranty issues. Then he suggested that I put a "body lift" on it. I was dumbfounded that he made such a foolish statement. I asked how that was possible since it didn't have a frame but was unibody? He just smiled and said it could be done! I just smiled back and shooked my head knowing he was a dumbass and was only a paper pusher with no mechanical experience and had a title as service manager.

go in there and ask them about what they meant. Either they were trying to take advantage of a female customer or they are so used to saying frame from being auto body guys for so long

My XJ got rear ended around 4 years ago. The bumper got dented and the rear hatch was tweaked. Not too much damage but it was still 1600-2000. Of course that was years ago. I'm sure the prices have risen since then. It doesn't take much to add up very quickly.

Greg

Back