• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MD inspection question...

mudder

NAXJA Forum User
quick question for those in MD, How far can my tires legally extend past my flare's?

In the strict sense, none. Plus they can't be more than 2 sizes up from stock. So depending on where you are going for inspection they will fail ya for having the 31's on, some are stricter than others but anymore none of them really let much of anything slide. A few years ago during Glenndenings reign of terror there where alot of inspection stations that were busted for letting things slide so they are all a little gun shy still. If you need I have a set of 235's mounted up on factory wagon type wheels that I'm pretty sure will pass that you can borrow to get it through.
Mike B.

Did you get it through inspection?
Mike B.

At least it's a one time thing in MD. I do remember that when I had mine done in 97' they made me take the Fog lights off because they weren't connected with the head light switch, I also switched tires and rims but for a different reason. I was going to lift it in a few days so why get new tires. They asked me about the new set when I came back for the second time but I said nothing. My brother used to work at a Firestone in Catonsville, where many people would come in with stock size tires on lifted trucks and Jeeps. They would pass it as long as everything work okay. Juice

1986xj said:
Did you get it through inspection?
Mike B.
not yet comming soon within the this week I hope.. had to fix alot of thing's and make alot of changes to get this to go through... fingers crossed, i will hear the final verdict by friday.

:) I finaly got my md inspection, now time to put the lift on and play :)

Back