• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxxis

Don't we need to specify radial or bias-ply in this discussion? Trep's are made in both, Creepy's are bias-only.

I'd like some Trep radials for the road miles I put on.

One other thing about my Creepy Crawlers I'm amazed with.
I drove the heep to Chicago on them.
75mph, hands off the wheel, straight as an arrow, no shimmy.
They've never even been balanced.

CRASH said:
Don't we need to specify radial or bias-ply in this discussion? Trep's are made in both, Creepy's are bias-only.

I'd like some Trep radials for the road miles I put on.

Maybe.. but I think bias tires have come a great distance in technology. Swampers are still horrible, and probably always will be. These should be here next week, and I guess I will try to measure a 35"CC against 37"x17 mtr.

I hope these work out well. Whichever set (creepy crawler or trepador) come out first in a 33", I am buying a set.

Paul, you seen anyone with the trepadors out there yet?

I would say the creepy crawlers are at least 2x's the sidewall thickness of an mtr and thicker than a tsl sx..

they sidewalls are extremely durable and thick 4 ply bias sidewalls, Most guys that have them, dont even carry spares with them

I have had them over 2.5 years now, others have had them also with NO complaints

great tire.

I need to see all these tires side-by-side. The CC's look great, I want to see the sidewalls on both kinds of Treps. Anybody used Treps in the rocks?

Paul S said:
I haven't seen any Treps on the trail yet.

Paul

Paul, where did you buy your CCs?

Nebraska Tire had the best prices I found on them.

does anyone have an idea when the trepador radials will be out? the last i could find was from the maxdaddy news. they posted an article for february and said less than 60 days. i haven't found much info on the sizes they were going to offer either.

how about the big horn which is their other tire found on the quadratec site. just curious what anybody has to say about that one as well.

jeepmanxj94 said:
how about the big horn which is their other tire found on the quadratec site. just curious what anybody has to say about that one as well.
Check out post #8 of this thread for one review

I have a set of the Bighorn radials (265/75 r16) on my XJ. I have been very pleased with them so far. I haven't done much off roading with them yet, but have logged over 9000 mostly road miles on them with no complaints. If I had to find one gripe it would be that they are a little loud on the road, but they are mud tires so that is to be expected. Oh, and so far they have shown little to no signs of wear.

Back