• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Max tire height on a stock XJ ? ?

Thats the one! Thanks!

Still not done yet, It needs paint really bad.

I have a 29 spline 8.25 to replace the D-35, some HD springs and I want a posi lock to replace the vac disco with.

Since I tow with this XJ and I don't wheel it, I'm considering fabing in some air bags in the rear to help handle loads. I've got a B&M tranny temp guage and Autometer pillar pod to put in as well.

Then I'll be done with it!!!

Blaine, center of hub to bottom of flare front is 18 1/4",the rear is 17 3/4". Thats without the trailer hooked up of course. Don't know why its that tall it is all stock underneath. When I add the 8.25 in the rear it will be about 1/2" more there as well due to the larger diameter axle tubes.

sounds like it has upcountry, and sagging 1/4" in the front over the years....

Sagging about 1/4" in the rear too...

IF it had upcountry, there's no other way to explain.

I did hear you were able to order parts out of the whole package - so it may explain why you don't have towhooks, skids, or a limited slip.

Probably is the up-country but I know that Dad bought it straight off the lot. The Jeep dealer he bought it from(Jim Mills Jeep, Bassett VA) is known around here for ordering thier vehicles with the right stuff on them. I feel lucky to have it back and running good.

Back