• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mastercraft Rubicon seats

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
Anyone running mastercraft Rubicon seats? I have a 95 and the drivers seat is trash. I'm thinking of just putting in a drivers side seat as I usually run alone. Any feedback?

As long as you can fab,piece of cake,Ive got Corbeau's in my 95!

I have a Mastercraft Baja RS seat in my XJ. A little nicer because it reclines, unlike the Rubicon. Really more comfortable than factory seats. And I only have one on the driver's side.

Anyone running mastercraft Rubicon seats? I have a 95 and the drivers seat is trash. I'm thinking of just putting in a drivers side seat as I usually run alone. Any feedback?

Did you ever get the MC Rubicon? I'm getting close to picking up either a set of these or another Suspension seat and wanted to get some real world opinions on price/quality and if you'd do it again.

i just took out my corbeau ultra ss seat and got a smittybilt xrc reclining seat. looks like the MC but alot cheaper. so far its great and the bolsters arent too big. the recliner rocks.

i just took out my corbeau ultra ss seat and got a smittybilt xrc reclining seat. looks like the MC but alot cheaper. so far its great and the bolsters arent too big. the recliner rocks.

Can you share how you mounted the Smittybilt? Pics? What year is your XJ?

I'm a bit reserved on buying the MC Rubicon seats as I've talked to a few vendors who sells those and other brands... and the general consensus is that the MC seats aren't as comfortable as a couple other brands and I'd be over-paying for what I got... if I went the MC route. I'm all about a bargain, but I also dont' want to pay for junt and then end up paying for a quality seat later. Been there done that... as they say.

I heard MC seats are not street legal. Does anyone know if that's true?

Can you share how you mounted the Smittybilt? Pics? What year is your XJ?

I'm a bit reserved on buying the MC Rubicon seats as I've talked to a few vendors who sells those and other brands... and the general consensus is that the MC seats aren't as comfortable as a couple other brands and I'd be over-paying for what I got... if I went the MC route. I'm all about a bargain, but I also dont' want to pay for junt and then end up paying for a quality seat later. Been there done that... as they say.

The Corbeaus are easy bolt in with their bracket sets (all their stuff is USA made as well) and I believe Smitty also has brackets, but are China made :shocked:

I have run the Corbeau Baja suspension seats and really like them, they are reasonably priced. They are now available in a reclining model as well.

The Corbeaus are easy bolt in with their bracket sets (all their stuff is USA made as well) and I believe Smitty also has brackets, but are China made :shocked:

I have run the Corbeau Baja suspension seats and really like them, they are reasonably priced. They are now available in a reclining model as well.

Thanks for the info.

Can you comment on the build quality and fabric quality of the Corbeau seats? I had a pair of Corbeau's many (about 9) yrs back and was highly dis-satistfied w/the quality of the build and the material used to cover the seats reminded me of cheap T-shirt cotton material... not something that would hold up to every day useage. They could be much better now and that's why I'm asking for input f/someone who gets real-world useage out of theirs. Thx.

Back