• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MARCH MEMBERSHIP DRIVE

What the heck? I just renewed.

Well sense Johnny did it I had no choice DONE AND DONE

Hey, you guys shouldn't worry about this "March membership Drive". It's really no big deal.

Seriously.
Easy to say from Tennessee!!! You think you're sneaky, dontcha!!

That's come up before - when you move around, you have to pick a chapter to belong to. ;) That chapter will be your 'home', you can vote in only that chapters local elections, etc.

So clearly, SOCAL.

We're getting our butts kicked.

Come on guys!

My membership is up at the end of the month. I'll re-up if you come to the Jambo.

Just bring the family to JV instead of Anza. Done! Yours was the lamest excuse BTW. You got nothing on "cancer"

How do you know when your membership expires? I don't know when I joined. I must have done the 2 year thing cause it has been a while.

You can send a PM to Woody and he can check for you.

so how are we doing?
i think its odd that two years ago so-cal killed, won by a landslide on the membership drive but from what i hear, as the political climate changed, the people in the BOD that had this club moving in a good and fun direction were voted out, i have heard that new membership and membership renewals have dropped in the so-cal area, is this true??? coincidence??? we will see. i am currious for sure.

i think its odd that two years ago so-cal killed, won by a landslide on the membership drive but from what i hear, as the political climate changed, the people in the BOD that had this club moving in a good and fun direction were voted out, i have heard that new membership and membership renewals have dropped in the so-cal area, is this true??? coincidence??? we will see. i am currious for sure.

I think you're mistaken there.

Two years ago we had Dan Turner who was busy with jeepspeed so MIA, and Remi who ran things here.

Now we have Robert Prater who is busy with his children and MIA, and Remi who runs things here.

What's changed is the new members from 2 years ago clash with the 'old' members and it has created a cliquish SoCal, tearing up our 'family' feel.

I think you're mistaken there.

Two years ago we had Dan Turner who was busy with jeepspeed so MIA, and Remi who ran things here.

Now we have Robert Prater who is busy with his children and MIA, and Remi who runs things here.

What's changed is the new members from 2 years ago clash with the 'old' members and it has created a cliquish SoCal, tearing up our 'family' feel.
one of the things i have noticed is the climate has changed perceptively since the moderating was fixed. that was a big start at fixing so-cal
over all it sounds like a reasonable theory, the newer members are a little rowdy and the older members are too stubborn, i guess its good to go both ways :gag::gag::gag: don't be gay, you know what i mean, people need to be more flexible and allow exceptions and show some restraint on both sides

it also shows we need to elect people that can and will run things instead of winning the election and then hand it off to the next in line, don't run if you cant do the job or should i say wont do the job, i guess i could have been wrong, i think it was 3 years ago we killed in the first march drive, i just know it was before the jeep speed back out. i remember things being fun and not so much now especially for those of us who get along with both groups, i hear crap from both sides about the others

Last edited:
one of the things i have noticed is the climate has changed perceptively since the moderating was fixed. that was a big start at fixing so-cal

That was a very political and PITA action, and required several people stepping on the toes of good friends. It took longer than it should have, and a lot of people (on both sides of the fence) are still butthurt about it.

It does seem to be helping, though.

over all it sounds like a reasonable theory, the newer members are a little rowdy and the older members are too stubborn, i guess its good to go both ways :gag::gag::gag: don't be gay, you know what i mean, people need to be more flexible and allow exceptions and show some restraint on both sides

I think with a little more time, it will settle down. Slacking up on the moderation here has addressed the source of that split, I think, and most of us drink enough that our memory doesn't go back that far.

=)

Back