• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Man who predicted 9/11 predicts another

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705328180/Is-another-911-set-to-unfold.html
Discuss.
Earlier this year, quite by happenstance, I read a book written by Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter James B. Stewart.
"Heart of a Soldier" tells the story of two men who, well before it happened, foretold not only of the terrorist attack of 9/11 but also the 1993 bombing in the World Trade Center parking garage that preceded it.
One of the men, Rick Rescorla, was chief of security for Morgan Stanley with an office in the World Trade Center. He died on 9/11, but not before he shepherded all but six of Morgan Stanley's 2,700 employees to safety because of a well-prepared and well-executed evacuation plan. He'd have made it out, too, had he not gone back in the building looking for those six.
The other man, Daniel J. Hill, is still alive.
With another Sept. 11 approaching I wanted to talk to The Man Who Predicted 9/11.
Although the primary focus in Stewart's book is on Rescorla — a bona fide hero for his actions on 9/11 — I found Hill to be an even more fascinating character.
It was Hill who converted to Islam as a young U.S. Army paratrooper stationed in Beirut in 1958. It was Hill who learned fluent Arabic. It was Hill who joined the Mujahedeen Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan and fought the Soviet invasion there in the 1980s. It was Hill who personally met Osama bin Laden. It was Hill who used information from Islamic extremists to warn Rescorla that terrorists would use the underground parking garage for a car bomb attack on the World Trade Center. It was Hill who asked the U.S. government to assist him in an assassination attempt on bin Laden in 1998 (the request was rejected). And it was Hill who warned the FBI just weeks before Sept. 11, 2001, that his Mideast contacts told him "something big" was about to happen in the United States, in New York, Washington, D.C., or Philadelphia — maybe all three.
Through the Internet I managed to contact Hill at his home in Florida. He's 71 now. I asked him if his reputation as a terrorism prognosticator without parallel has changed his life much.
"Oh, that blew over pretty fast," he said. "Most of the people even in my hometown don't know any of that stuff."
He didn't want to talk about the past. He wanted to talk about the future.
The very near future.
The man who predicted 9/11 is worried that its sequel is imminent.
"Muslims that I talk to say things like, 'America thinks they're safe now. They've forgotten about 9/11. But watch, Daniel. Stay near your TV. It's going to be bigger than 9/11,' " he said.
Hill said the next terrorist attack will involve suitcase nuclear bombs that will be detonated in small, low-flying two-seater private airplanes manned by men hanging onto the belief that, like the 9/11 hijackers, they are about to die as martyrs and enter paradise.
He is not alone in suggesting such a scenario. A 2007 book, "The Day of Islam," spells out the details, as do any number of Internet sites about a plot called "American Hiroshima."
The nukes, he said, will be detonated over New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Miami, Houston, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
I asked Hill, "Why now?"
"Eight years from 1993 to 2001, eight years from that 9/11 to this 9/11," he said. "Symbolism. They're big on symbolism."
"Ramadan started two weeks ago Saturday," he said, referring to the Muslim holy month of fasting. "It always hits around Ramadan."
Eight years ago, Hill predicted the attack would come on Oct. 16 — almost in the middle of that year's Ramadan (the timing of Ramadan varies from year to year). He was about a month off.
"I don't know the second, hour or day. I just know they have the means, will, motivation and desire to do it," he said, noting that it's believed that years ago the suitcase nukes, acquired from former USSR operatives, were smuggled into America across the Mexican border.
Hill said he has warned the FBI, the CIA and others in government. For the past two years, he's sent out proposals for a book on the subject. All he's gotten back are rejections.
"To most people, I am a deviant personality," he said.
But there's no arguing his credentials.
"I'm a Muslim," he says. "I'm a special ops expert, I'm a terrorist and I've lived among Muslims. I fought the Russians with the same guys we're now fighting in Afghanistan. I met Osama. I volunteered to assassinate him. I know (the enemy) so well because I've worked, slept and prayed alongside them for years. I've become one of them. I know their nature, I know their culture, I know how they think. I can quote the Koran like a Southern Baptist minister can quote the New Testament. I know these are people who do not tire, who do not quit. There are odds this won't happen, but they aren't big odds."
"I hope you're wrong," I told him.
"Yeah. I hope so, too," he said.
Well? What do you guys all think? I'm not sure bout it myself. Definitely sounds plausible.

If they are as much on symbolism as this story says they are sounds like we could be in for a real treat tomorrow. I think they just like toying with us to an extent too though, maybe they won't do anything for another 8 years...who knows. Definitely spooky to think about though.

I r teh scurred

It's times like these that I'm glad I roofed my house in tinfoil... Now I don't have to wear my tinfoil hat indoors.
FoilOnRoofDSCF1672-732283.jpg

Last edited:
If they are as much on symbolism as this story says they are sounds like we could be in for a real treat tomorrow. I think they just like toying with us to an extent too though, maybe they won't do anything for another 8 years...who knows. Definitely spooky to think about though.

The treat tomorrow is more likely to be the stock market hitting new highs for the year.

I question the availability of a "suitcase nuke".

While they can be built small, (I believe we've got some that can fit inside a 155mm artillery shell case) They're pretty heavy.

Also, nukes are one of those "maintainance intensive" weapon systems. They can't be tossed in a warehouse for 10 years, taken out, dusted off, and detonated. Anybody remember all those Stingers we gave to the Mujahedeen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? We never got them back. Wonder why the Feds aren't worried about them being used against us? It's because after eight years without depot level maintenance, none of them would fire.

A basic small nuke package could be fitted into a single engine airframe easy enough, probably even without drawing attention while doing it at most airports so that part's plausible(again, assuming you had the weapon) The biggest killer of the whole theory is this: If these weapons are ALREADY in the country,(for years, remember) why is Washington still standing?

Not sure if you could actually use a suitcase, but I do know there was an older Army MOS, 12E. These guys basically carried tactical nukes into a specific area set the timer and hauled ass. The nukes were carried in their rucksacks.

As for the Stingers, it wasn't the missile as much as it was the launcher assembly. There is a battery that attaches to the system and heats up the missile and the sensor. These batteries don't last that long. The propellant, charge and fuse are still operational. Once the battery is attached you have like 5-7 mins to fire the missile.

And you are correct there was a 155 round with a nuke payload.

Just because someone has the means to make an attack doesn't mean they will. For all we know they are waiting for some reason, some reason that is important to them and unknown to us.
Precisely. They might be waiting for the right sign of the return of the Imam. Ahmadinejad believes he lives in the well. I forget the actual site, but it's one of the biggest mosques in Iran. Everybody goes there and drops notes and prayers in the well for him.

What is the magical date for the end of the world? Isn't it 12/20/2012?

12/21/2012

I also predict that the Cubs will win the world series that year, shortly before we die.

Don't buy it, no signifigance in it being eight years later. Coastie, has your unit changed FPCON for tomorrow?

Tomorrow is about remembering those that perished in the horrific events eight years ago.

May their souls and all the souls of the faithfully departed rest in peace.

I hope it doesn't happen while I'm at work - I'll never get home; they'll close this installation up in a heartbeat.

An incident Friday that triggered concerns about the security of President Obama on the eighth anniversary of the September 11 attacks turned out to be a training exercise, officials said.
First line. The article was updated 3 minutes ago though, so it may be a new addition from when you read it.

Yeah, they updated it after I read the article -- but the original article said they "tried" to stop a boat.

Still says they were trying, but it was apparently a training boat. Police reported shots fired, DHS says no such thing, so take that as you will...

If they were using blanks, strange that the CG was patrolling w/o live ammo.

Not really I don't want to put to much out there but Ive seen large vulnerabilities in the navy.

It was a training exercise.

The Coast Guard does conduct patrols with live ammunition. When I was assigned to this type of unit during training exercises IF blanks were used in home ports a notice to mariners was broadcasted over the radio and local PDSs are informed. CNN picked up radio chatter in which the standard report of ten rounds expended, bore clear was passed from gunner to coxswain.

As has been my experience all initial reports are incorrect.

Back