• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Make America Jeep Again. Bosco01XJ About Me

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I won't go into my entire Jeep backstory but I will say I have been an avid XJ enthusiast since 2004. A lot has happened since those High School days. I graduated (2004), went to college (2008), received my MBA (2015) I married my sweetheart (2011), had kids (2014, 2016), parted with Annie (2015), sold Fiona (2016), and bought my current 1997 rusted XJ that I love...

And now I'm here. I'm running for Vice President because I want to help NAXJA continue to grow and continue to be a positive influence in the offroading community. I live in Lebanon, TN so I'm centrally located to many events that are put on by the Southeast Chapter, the best Chapter in NAXJA.

With the kids a little older, I find myself having more time to spend wrenching, tinkering and even wheeling. In the process I've been unknowingly influencing my son to have the same passion I have which has been nothing but a joy to witness.

I'd like to extend that passion to others. I am no expert by any since of the imagination when it come to XJ tech, but I certainly know more now than I did 14 years ago.

I want to help the Southeast Chapter grow and if we grow, NAXJA grows.

I'd appreciate your vote for Southeast Chapter Vice President. Together will Make American Jeep Again!

First off, thanks for running for the VP position. What ideas do you have for continued growth of the chapter?

I'd like to see more organized meet-n-greets and wrench-fests. These have been very successful in the past and I think we have opportunity to grow in this area.

Also, not only growth through new members, but growth from members that haven't been active in a while. The volume of users seems to have declined and if we can encourage the use of this forum for organizing, planning, and asking for help, I think that will help us grow in the long run.

All good ideas. I met a couple of what I call my best friends through a local NAXJA meet and greet many, many years ago.

Thanks for the response and good luck in the election!

I honestly don't know a single time where I've asked anyone for anything free. It's not really something I've had experience with but I can certainly strike up a convo and ask anyone to give me anything.

I'm assuming this is in regard to asking vendors for merch/equipment to provide as giveaways at events?

I honestly don't know a single time where I've asked anyone for anything free. It's not really something I've had experience with but I can certainly strike up a convo and ask anyone to give me anything.

I'm assuming this is in regard to asking vendors for merch/equipment to provide as giveaways at events?

Correct.

In my experience, that's the primary task of the VP.

It starts in January. lol.

Correct.

In my experience, that's the primary task of the VP.

It starts in January. lol.

Great. Well, I oversee a program that currently has generated over $100 Million dollars in revenue over the last two years and I frequently present information in front of hundreds of Franchise owners.

I'm fairly comfortable with asking someone to donate to our cause. It should not be a problem. I just need the votes as I'm currently behind.

BTW... 10 people have voted which includes me and I'm sure Spawn. So... that relates to 8 SE Chapter members.

How many active members does our Chapter currently have?

Registered paid members? Or members that actually participate on the forum?

We have about 8 people who actually participate in the club forum.

Paid members.

18% voted and are active in the forum. Is there more activity on Facebook?

Has that been the typical turnout for each election or is this exceptionally low?

18% voted and are active in the forum. Is there more activity on Facebook?

Has that been the typical turnout for each election or is this exceptionally low?

Facebook has 90% participation. Not necessarily our SEC Facebook page but the members in general. I'm speak with a good many of our members daily on Facebook. and never here.

If we held elections on Facebook, more people would vote.

Back