• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAKE A RACER! 1989 2 Door XJ 4.0 "Failed" smog Rust Free $1000-

Time to pass this on. Never wheeled, never damaged, straight body, no rust, Black with grey interior.
Mostly complete and looks great, wife says "No more projects", so I'm keeping some of the better interior parts ( headliner, tilt forward seats ) for the 2 door '96 which we're keeping.

205,555 miles. 4.0 rebuilt / refreshed engine by the original owner. 242 "full time" transfer case. Completely stock.
Starts and runs fine. Quietest and smoothest Cherokee we've ever owned.

Why am I selling? We have 3 running XJs in the driveway for 2 people.

About the smog fail. Normally it barely passes and I didn't want to throw more $$ at it this year to replace the broken exhaust manifold and the broken off back intake/exhaust stud and bad cat. from running way rich.

I have the DMV Vehicle Retirement Buy Back Approval, so I can go that way. Keep / sell some parts and get $1000-
BUT, this really deserves a second LIFE and not the CRUSHER!

Need some rare 2 door parts? I'm open to swapping your "ugly bits" for my nice ones. This has factory mirrored side and back windows, side windows have flip-out vents. Rear hatch has added 1996 Olds Aurora back-up lights, We can swap.

Price, $1000-
Thanks,
Mike
Call / text 5six2-698-OO89 I'm in Whittier

Sounds tempting, but more projects. Oi.

Very tempting, but the wife is saying the same thing about projects lol. My daughter will be driving in a couple years and wants a black XJ so this would be perfect to teach her a few things and put a little elbow grease into it....just slightly bad timing.

If you were to part out the interior, what color is it? Looking for some tan interior parts.

David Bricker / SYR

If you were to part out the interior, what color is it? Looking for some tan interior parts.

David Bricker / SYR

Old people, I swear. I guess I should have put my glasses on, in reading the first post on this thread.

Never mind, I'll just grab my walker and go back to my room.

David Bricker / SYR

Refresher '89 2 door "Limited" in really nice cosmetic and running shape and no rust.

Think of it as a "1/2 Price, pull your part" in my driveway and without the greasy ground.
Factory skids and hitch.
Spare set of stock leaf springs.
Rare mirrored windows (exchange only).
Spare RENIX coolant bottles.
Spare electric radiator fans.
2 inch lift shackles (exchange only).
Chrome bumpers with factory fog lights (exchange only)
And more "spares" from years collecting parts.

I REALLY don't want this to end up in the junk yard with all the nice parts.

Mike
phone / text 562-69eightOO89

Given the purported condition this one might be an excellent candidate for one of the new Cummins "repower" diesels which are supposed to hit the market this fall.

If the info on Youtube is at all accurate, an '89 would be eligible. (Supposedly '94 and down--I want to see the CARB EO docs before I take that as gospel.)

So, this runs/drives just needs 'smog' ?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Pretty much for someone like you.
Call for an explanation of the "little" problems I don't want to deal with.
I know what they are and how to fix them, but don't want to deal with it or throw money at them with the state willing to pay as-is
Mike

Back