• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Major SoCal Chapter News - Rugged Ridge Grant Accpetance

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I have some major news to announce for the NAXJA SoCal Chapter today. The awesome folks over at Rugged Ridge have accepted our grant application as part of their Rugged Ridge Trail Access Program. We will use the $750 they are awarding us to purchase various tools to use as part of our ongoing participation in the San Bernardino National Forest’s Adopt-A-Trail program.

The NAXJA SoCal Chapter has been committed to land use causes since we formed in 2003. We have participated in the San Bernardino National Forest Adopt-A-Trail program since 2004. Currently we have two trails adopted, 2N04/Balky Horse Canyon and 2N49/Monument Peak/Bailey Canyon. These tools will help us continue to keep these and other trails open.

I would like to thank Rugged Ridge for offering this grant to groups like us. These grants do a world of good for boots on the ground activities.

I hope to see you at one of our work days in the near future.

G. Sequoia Armstrong
NAXJA Southern California Chapter President

Most excellent. Thanks for the hard work, Geoff.

My money is on Husqvarna. Any manufacturer of motorcycles (well, used to) and chain saws can't be all bad. My new saw from them, a 562XP, is one mean chunk of machinery.

David Bricker / SYR

Back