• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magazine ban being considered ACT NOW

Jon, too agree with the bolded provisions in the law. The therapist reporting questionable mental status of a patient to the state DOJ......what is the criteria and who makes the determination that said individual is a threat, and therefore is required to surrender their firearms?

Would a relative have the first option of transfer of the firearm, if the patient is legally deemed a threat?

Many more questions......glad that the folks I've elected in Utah fully support the 2nd Amendment, including the right to open carry. I doubt I ever would open carry outsided of a hunting scenario, but I can choose.

Jon, too agree with the bolded provisions in the law. The therapist reporting questionable mental status of a patient to the state DOJ......what is the criteria and who makes the determination that said individual is a threat, and therefore is required to surrender their firearms?

Would a relative have the first option of transfer of the firearm, if the patient is legally deemed a threat?

Many more questions......glad that the folks I've elected in Utah fully support the 2nd Amendment, including the right to open carry. I doubt I ever would open carry outsided of a hunting scenario, but I can choose.

health care provider shouldn't be the ones contacting law enforcement.

jazzy, when you go to your doctor, you'll be asked to update personal information on a form right? i know i do. i think most ask for one or two emergancy contacts right?

i would be in favor of allowing health care providers to inform those emergancy contacts in the case of an imminenet threat.

HIPA prevents this.

you see Lynne Fenton (james Holmes therapist) is being sued.....that's absurd.

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Which is exactly what I was talking about the other day.......and further proof that using legislation to mould behavior just results in more legislation, but has minimal effect on the behavior.

Back