• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mag Lite Mount

XJ_ranger said:
1jlxg8

Thats where i put mine - i dont ever sit there anyway... not in my way
How strong are the clips? in the event of a wreck, or some reckless(but fun) driving couldn't the "mag" impale somebody?

Those little plastic clips are actually pretty strong. They don't look it, and only cost $5, but I was shocked.

I'm a little leary about leaving it out in the open, as my XJ windows are not tinted, and some jackass at school might try to steal it. Like this morning, I was leaning on the front of my jeep, parked inbetween 2 of my friends cars, and we were just talking, when this stoner comes up and sits on the rear bumper and lights one up, using my jeep as a block so the camera can't see him smoking. Thats when I got in and just nailed it out of the spot ( I had backed in), it was hillarious to watch him in my mirror just roll right off the back of the Jeep.

Because of punks like that, I can't leave stuff in my car. My neighbor has some connections with guy who does "barely legal" window tinting, and it looks really awesome. They said they could probably hook me up, so we'll see.

For right now, I might just wedge it in between the seat and the console.

Got mine between the seat and console as well. 4 cell D. Fits snug on a 90 but I like it.

casm said:
I was thinking of doing something like this, and screwing it in to the panel covering the seatbelt. The light could mount vertically between the B-pillar and the driver's seat... I think. I would like to hear from anyone who may have tried this before.
I've looked at that, but I tend to grab my flashlight and have it immediately in-hand, sort of like drawing a pistol I guess. Having to slide it forward a foot before I can really get a grip on it never really appealed to me.

The seats (and the driver) in my 96 take up all the space between the console and the seat, but I seem to recall there was more room in the 89 - different seats, I guess. I'll try to grab a shot of where my light sits now although I'd still like to permanently hold it down with the quick-release clippies xj_ranger uses.

As much as I like that mount in front of the passenger? With my past experiences? The passenger's knees would be destroyed. Who knows what else. If you never have passenger's? Who cares?

Jason

fergmonster said:
How strong are the clips? in the event of a wreck, or some reckless(but fun) driving couldn't the "mag" impale somebody?

is there any place in the car that isnt completely rediculus to mount this where there isnt some small chance of someone getting impailed?

should i have used 1/4" wall DOM tube to make a slide in locking canister for it and welded that onto a bracket made of 1/4" box which is welded onto the subframe?

i dono - i like my clips, i dont think that they would have any trouble. i bump aginst it all the time (well - my passengers do) and it has yet to fall out.

They seem pretty strong.
Think i paid 5.00 at Cabella's...

well I got it wedged inbetween the seat and the center console now. Pretty impressed with how well it fits.

Will probably mount it on the glove box once my windows are tinted....I like that idea.

Hey adam, right up the road from ya!

Holy crap, where the hell did you dig this up at?? last post was 2-5-2005. The hell with Maglight anyway, its all about surefire!

My mag ( 4 d size)fits perfectly in the drivers or passengers lower door panel pocket, no rattles,no movement or nothing,two years and counting. May only work on my era jeep 1989

i was searching and came across it.

JoesXJ said:
Holy crap, where the hell did you dig this up at?? last post was 2-5-2005. The hell with Maglight anyway, its all about surefire!

You see that?? He was SEARCHING. We should be applauding him, rather than raggin on him. Good job! :yelclap:

As for where I eventually put the mag, I'll let the picture speak for its self.

1000145en7.jpg

Turned out good putting it here. Really easy to grab if I need to run out of the Jeep and look at something....or if i'm already outside, I can just open the door and grab it.

JoesXJ said:

Yes, the surefires sure look nice, but I don't feel like spending $50 on a flashlight any time soon. And I don't see one that cheap.

I picked up a seat-back organizer at the department store, and attached it to the passenger seat. it's full of pockets, including a tall, narrow pouch on the lower left side.

It's perfect for holding a mag light, and turns out to be the most convenient location I have ever seen for carrying one.

Just found this thread and read through it. I got one of these:

with my 3 d cell maglite for xmas and have no idea where to put it.

Thought about these couple places:

The thing is I have to slide it out with means I need some room and I would like it in quick reach of the drivers seat. Any opinions?

Back