• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

madrooster dual t cases??

as far as the 203/205 combo, i agree that it is stronger but with this setup behind a stock engine and tranny i think hat it will do just fine, but if i therw a v-8 infront of this setup i would have my worries. and i like it because there is no modification to my trasmision.

94xjkyle said:
as far as the 203/205 combo, i agree that it is stronger but with this setup behind a stock engine and tranny i think hat it will do just fine, but if i therw a v-8 infront of this setup i would have my worries. and i like it because there is no modification to my trasmision.

True and FWIW I discussed this with OneTon and Woody at the Crawl 2 or was it 3 years ago. General consensous was that the chevy 241? I may be wrong on that, with the 6 planetarys instead of the 231 would be better to do it to. I hate someone beat me to it! :wierd: :hang:

Ghost said:
Actually there is an easyer way to get dual tcases but it will only give you a 4:1 low range. 203/205 combo. Much more bullit proof imho....
Wouldn't a 231/300 combo be pretty close. The front end of the 231 seems pretty stout, you'd be eliminating the chain drive, and getting a serious crawl ratio.

the 231 is slightly weake because it only has 3 planetary gears, as opposed to 5 or 6. but i do agree with it being a fairly strong setup. i dont think that the weak part is due to the planetary gears, i think it is the intermidiat shaft. if someone breaks a 231 they more than likely did something to the chain, and with the 231/300 setup there is no chain, so i think that a lot of the notorius 231 problems are eliminated.

tysonxj said:
I typed it like that so the evil spam-bots would not read my email address on a public page and spam me.

Cheers-

LOL

you're of them different type of peoples aren't ya

:)

kid4lyf said:
Wouldn't a 231/300 combo be pretty close. The front end of the 231 seems pretty stout, you'd be eliminating the chain drive, and getting a serious crawl ratio.

I've witnessed several of these break with a 4.0 and 37" tires. A 205/klune would be the way to go..or a 205/203 doubler but they are sorta heavy. Or just get an Atlas and be done with it.

BIGWOODY said:
just get an Atlas and be done with it.

hell you bought a JEEP, and we all know that when it comes to our JEEP's MONEY IS NO OBJECT!:laugh3:

well id like to see those plans, the ctm shop is a block away from my house ill give jack the cad plans and see if he could find time to make it up for me.....thanks man!

email to [email protected]

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
these plans are popular, charge $1 on paypal i say.
and i say to you shuddup!! ( atleast untill i get a set of plans LOL...)

Back