• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mad as Hell!

5-90. Your story of the collection effort for 0.00, reminds me of the day my mother closed a bank account and left .01 cent in the account. The bank had to mail here a check for 0.01 cents to clear their books (no doubt it cost them more than that for the check and stamp). They had PO'd her. That was her payback. She also use to get a stock dividend four times a year for the last share of stock she ended up with. It was several cents a quarter.
I did this to my last bank - Sovereign Bank. They screwed me over one too many times, so when I closed my account (haha I didn't) and moved to DCU, I left two cents in it. This was somewhat symbolic...
They sent me an oversize envelope with my account statement in it every month for twelve months, wasting 38 cents per month.

A year later (last month) they sent me my statement and another note saying they were closing my account due to lack of use, charged me a 12 dollar account inactivity fee (they never said they would do that!), and credited me 11.98 to cancel my account.

I gave them my two cents and they took it! :roll:

I did this to my last bank - Sovereign Bank. They screwed me over one too many times, so when I closed my account (haha I didn't) and moved to DCU, I left two cents in it. This was somewhat symbolic...
They sent me an oversize envelope with my account statement in it every month for twelve months, wasting 38 cents per month.

A year later (last month) they sent me my statement and another note saying they were closing my account due to lack of use, charged me a 12 dollar account inactivity fee (they never said they would do that!), and credited me 11.98 to cancel my account.

I gave them my two cents and they took it! :roll:
I've never understood the whole inactivity fee. Yeah, I'm not doing anything with the money, but that's what a friggin savings account is for, right??? Bank of America hit me with a $5/month inactivity fee on the $10 or so I had left in savings there when I opened my USAA account. I kept an account with them solely so as to have a local checking/savings acct. I opened the USAA acct because BofA had pissed me off too many times with delayed deposits, random fees, etc etc. Needless to say, I no longer even have that acct with them.

Back