• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mac won't burn CDs

What software are you using? I've always had success with Toast and Verbatim discs. Never had a bad burn or anything in 3 years

Toast is awesome and what I always use, I also use Taiyo Yuden media. You can get them cheap at supermediastore.com. If you read up, there's only a few companies that actually manufacture the media, then it's all just rebranded and sold under different names. Verbatim used to be my top pick back when cd-rs first came around though(back when $10 a disc was a deal).

FreeBSD FTMFW :D
for reals.

seriously though I run a totally not geeky version of Linux. Mint 10.

When I get home I don't want to mess with things, it works, it's simple enough that I can hand my computer to someone and they can use it, avoiding questions and it runs all the debian software. I like it better than Ubuntu, they just got too busy with the interface and stuff and it was like an oompa loompa had sex with the gui and that was the result.

I leave real Linux stuff at work.

seriously though I run a totally not geeky version of Linux. Mint 10.

Mint's nice. I'm running it as my VM distro for when I need a desktop/testbed Linux installtion to run <insert software here>.

When I get home I don't want to mess with things, it works, it's simple enough that I can hand my computer to someone and they can use it, avoiding questions and it runs all the debian software. I like it better than Ubuntu, they just got too busy with the interface and stuff and it was like an oompa loompa had sex with the gui and that was the result.

And it supports the VMWare tools very nicely. It was surprisingly hard to find a lightweight distro that did.

I leave real Linux stuff at work.

Bingo.

Buy a pc, problem solved :)

Try a different brand disc. Try a different format disk + or -. Reinstall drivers. Buy a new drive.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Ya should have kept the gun and shot the Mac and went and bought yourself a nice PC that is more cost effective to run rather than an expensive POS.:laugh2:

You do realize that you just bumped a thread that's a year and a half old, right?

Back