• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lytle Creek snow?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know if Lytle Creek got any snow? Me and a few buddies are going to fart around back there Saturday the 19th and was hoping there would be some snow.........yes, I'll be in a Toyota again as well as most of my buddies. We just got finished installing the 6" Pro Comp extended radius arm lift kit that we found at PAP (for $120!) on my buddies big Bronco so, he's itching to try it out. If you guys want to meet up, we'll be at the Mc Donalds off of Sierra and the I-15 at 8am (Andy, Tony.......fellow big Bronco guys?) Let me know!--------Hans

I'm still disappointed on how it handled the snow last time. I just sold the 33's but bought 35" Bajas so they still have a cactus on the sidewall (clear indicator not a snow tire. haha). I think the main problem in the snow is the stupid auto locking front hubs. They disengage when in reverse so I need to get manual ones before trying to play in the snow again Hans. Pics of the friends Bronco?

Pics of the $120 lift for Bronco!
Ok, we got the raduis arms, coils, all the bracketry and some shocks for that price (actually it was more like $114!) but, he ordered new shocks (his '84 had the quad shock option up front) the rear kit package (dual add a leafs, u-bolts......), drop pitman arm, extended brake lines.....basically everything to finish up the lift kit. All added up to quite a bit less than 1/2 of what a new complete kit would have cost plus, I gave him my old 35" Kumho M/Ts. I think his wife is mad at me because, she's tiny and has a hard time climbing up in there now!:D Oh, the only picture I have is the one he sent me on his camera phone :dunno:

Turned out to be a pretty good day of wheeling. There was quite a bit of snow way back up in Paiute Canyon! My buddy in his unlocked (HEAVY) FJ 80 got to try out his winch and I had to yank my buddy's big Bronco out of the creek when he slid into it because, it was pretty icy under the snow and traction was almost nonexistant! Since my truck was the only locked up vehicle, it was the only one that could maneuver into position to tug .......those fullsize Broncos are really heavy so, the four squirrels under the hood of my Toyota got a real work out! There's some pretty good wheeling way back there! :)---------Hans

Pics or it didnt happen Hans!!
Dude, I'm such an idiot! I had my camera with me but, it never came out of my center console! Actually, we pretty much had our hands full getting my buddy's Bronco out of the predicament he got it in. I will say one thing though, the addition of the lift and bigger rubber really transformed that thing into an entirely different vehicle! Now I've just got to talk him into (or more like his wife) into regearing and lockers, rock sliders, winch...........he's infected now! :D --------Hans

Back