• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm back

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I'm back in California, got my job back at LAUSD after 38mos of layoff.
Been working 7 days/week, my gf is still in Utah, been renting a room from a friend until I could find someplace to live.
Gonna bring her out and rent out my house in Utah......was tired of starving out there.
Anyway, I have tomorrow (Monday the 18th) off and decided (spur of the moment) to head up to Big Bear and maybe run Gold Mountain if there isn't too much snow.
If anybody has tomorrow off and wants to join up give me a buzz @ 626-221-0430
Hans
Oh yeah, since my XJ is still in Utah, I'll be (again) in my Toyota!

Last edited:
Hey stranger, great to "see" you. Guess what? I'm back too.
:D

Hey Tim how's it going?
Where'd you go!
Hans
Things are beginning to come together and actually stay that way. It's been awhile. After my wife died I ran on autopilot for a year or two then crashed and burned; hit the ground pretty hard.

Welcome back even if you're XJ isn't yet. :) I can't make it Monday. I'm still mulling over, and waiting on a part for my power steering fix(es).

Last edited:
Welcome back Hans!

Hans!
My brown brother from another Mother!

Where ya looking to locate at?

Welcome back Hans! I'm coming home in July as well!

I gotta ask, Hans. How's your buddy Franz? That was classic!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Just gotta make it for six more years then I'll retire and collect my pension and s/s.....
yeah I'm that old.
I'll sell my house in Utard and figure out where I'll live then, gotta be a gun friendly state!
Johnny, my buddy Frans is doing well he's looking to retire soon as well, got him to build up
his big Bronco......lifted geared and locked on 35s now.

Me and my buddy Skip ended up running Gold Mtn in the snow, fun!
Almost got trapped down in Burned Flats, it was icy.....aired down to 5psi
and a lot of momentum finally got us out.....really need to mount that winch
I have sitting in my garage!

Looking forward to wheeling with you guys again.....my XJ is finally (almost)
done. It's on 33s, 4.88s locked D44 out back front ARB but, still have to mount my compressor and plumb it (been that way for 4 yrs!)
Hans

Yeah lots of people coming back. Hey T-Bent been a while. Im off and on here these days but my wife finishes nursing school in June so things will definitely get easier.

:bunny:

JAY!

Back