• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lunchbox Locker Longevity

I got tired of waiting for aussie to get off back order so I went ahead and ordered a lock rite for the front tonight. Should be here by friday. Hope I dont end up regreting this purchase but Im pretty excited to see how much further I will be able to go with a locker in the front...... wish me luck.

I ran Detroit E-Z Lockers (junk) and Lock-Rites years ago in a CJ-5 with a
V-8, the E-Z lockers were junk, fragged both of them. The Lock-Rites held up okay until I went to a set of 35"x14.5"x15 Boggers, then they lasted about a year and I fragged them too.

They're okay on rigs with moderate power and tires IMO, but I would never run them again given my personal experience.

Jump This said:
My son's XJ has a Lock-Rite, I'm too damn paranoid (not to mention old) to spend time with a lunch box. I order in...
But realy, I have heard some things about them (that delay when the wheels spin) that made me just opt for a Detroit Locker.
But I will tell you, I have yet to have to drag anyone off the trail who had a
lunch box locker break....

You're son's xj has a no-slip. Its a higher class of lunchbox locker. ;)

cal said:
You're son's xj has a no-slip. Its a higher class of lunchbox locker. ;)

true, but not necessarily. no-slip is a better lunchbox, but his son may have a lock right if he has a 27 spl 8.25 or if he has it in his front axle, presumably a d30.

asp387 said:
true, but not necessarily. no-slip is a better lunchbox, but his son may have a lock right if he has a 27 spl 8.25 or if he has it in his front axle, presumably a d30.

I sold Jump This my old axles cheap for his son's birthday. He has a 29 spline 8.25 with a no-slip.

;)

ah. i didn't know that haha. yep. no slip. i have one too. things are awesome.

I am running the same Powertrax in my 8.25 that I did in my old DD and it has well over 40K on it. It was held up well beyond my expectations. I just installed one in the front axle a few months back and have been very pleased with it, but it is a trail only rig now so the road manners have not really been tested much on anything other then dirt roads around our farm.

Back