• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lunch Box locker front or back first

I too have many miles on my No-Slip in my rear D44 and have nothing to complain about, my ex-girlfriend put about 15k of those miles when I was working out of town and driving my Honda accord to work everyday.

That being said, I live in Florida and never see a rock or any rock-like situation. That's why I put a rear locker in first, dirt, mud & sand are all I see and I stay away from mud at all costs. If I were anywhere else I would have put the locker up front.

I think however it's a personal/capability choice, how capable is your rig and what do you plan to do with it?

I see thread after thread of people asking other people to make their decisions for them, maybe we should use this forum to gather information and experiences from other people to make an informed and educated decision for ones self.

I could be wrong though.

I have said this so many times, but the best upgread for any stock jeep is a front locker! I have put a Aussie in the front of all three of my jeeps. Cheep, easy to install, and your front end will now climb up and not push into the rock, then it will help pull your back end up. I ran the rubicon a few times with a front Aussie locker and a open rear axle, it worked great.

I have said this so many times, but the best upgread for any stock jeep is a front locker! I have put a Aussie in the front of all three of my jeeps. Cheep, easy to install, and your front end will now climb up and not push into the rock, then it will help pull your back end up. I ran the rubicon a few times with a front Aussie locker and a open rear axle, it worked great.

This seems to be the most common experience i have come across. i know many people that run aussie's that never have issues. what i've seen with my eyes is going to take alot more then that post to change my opinion. they seem to be the best $250 you can spend on a budget build

Agreed. I have had zero problems with my aussie locker. Lots of broken wheel joints though. Still the best upgrade I spent money on. and only 260 dollars.

Thank you for all the imput, the locker is going in my buddies wrangler. I have an aussie in the back of my cherokee and love it but it does do funky things sometimes. So I think I will tell him to put it in the front so he doesn't know its their when in 2 wheel drive. He drives like 700 miles a week so he will complain if it does odd things.

Back