• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowering a cherokee. GASPP!!

XJRunner said:
I know I know, why would I wanna lower a cherokee? I have my 87 waggy thats being built for the desert. I'm gonna be buying a 90 something metalic blue cherokee thats all stock besides wheels. Its perfect condition besides a cracked exhaust manifold. It's gonna be my driver. i wanna lower it and paint the gold center of some gold spoke waggy wheels i have black and put them on. I was thinking I could just do a spring under swap in the back and cut the front coils. anything wrong with doing this? Will i need shorter shocks? Thanks!
Im not getting the point of lowering it?
Just so you could put some gold paint on the rims?:looney:

tjmwr7 said:
Im not getting the point of lowering it?
Just so you could put some gold paint on the rims?:looney:
you sir, are a waste of server space.

you can lower an xj about 2" and it will sit on the bumpstops/oilpan. the only non ghetto way to do this is to get a 2wd axle and build a custom drop axle out of it.

the "prostreetjeep" guy did it
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271870
l_45ca497593d470dbc5a5533e824f093a.jpg

l_1e14619b93c1704653eaf9d1d0827b88.jpg

Last edited:
Man im sorry but those trucks arent cool at all, ive thought breifly about doin a lower job on a XJ before but seeing it atempted makes me sick. I never want to see anything like that again.

Back