• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower hudson valley

im new to this. i just got my xj lifted a few days ago, and i was wondering if anyone around here had places that we could go, i know a private trail here and there but i am looking for a bigger place to ride and also other pople to ride with.

I'm not too far from your area. Let me know if you decided to head some place.

Hey im in Portchester/ Rye NY, Not to many places around to wheel, can probley find 1 or 2 little local spots people might have a traill in. Ive herd people have a trail near JD's near you KDX, but not sure. I usally just go to Raush Creek. Have a friend with land upstate but im not alowed to invite people their. Also near hunter NY theirs aacouple of camping trails you can drive on. nothing to bad but enough to have some fun if your near.

TheInstaller said:
I'm not too far from your area. Let me know if you decided to head some place.

the only spots over here even close to being real wheeling that are completely legal aren't really worth a long ride from Lower Westchester or Ct. pm me for more info if you want.

I did some rambling around today - wanted to see what shape some local roads (real unmaintained roads) were in. (I know a few of you were interested in checking them out) Over the last 4-5 years at least one had become a mild 1/2 mile quick fix for the wheelin' bug and good for a begginer to try stuff. Typical of NY State, they, and I will assume the town graded and filled every rut and washout (some were almost 2' deep ) and leveled the whole damned thing - it's now about 18" higher than it was, all neatly graded and packed with aggregate.... just to get to 400 acres of old farmland that's "multiple" use, which in NYS means NO motorized anything...... Fortunately the two other roads I looked at haven't had that done, (they are seasonal multiple use roads in other towns) and once there's some deep snow they may be some fun - right now its just frozen ruts and ice patches....

Back