• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low volt reference to o2 sensor renix

I did have a similar problem in my 98 sport, about .8 volts reference to all sensors, turned out my alternator had almost died, my jeep seemed like it was missing w cylinders, misfired, died easily, replaced although and all cleared up

Good idea. Try switching your meter to AC and see what you get, some meters will read a bad alternator diode as AC current some won't. Worth a try.

That's a good point!!! When the tester I'm using is brand spanking new to me. Actually its a test light with a volt meter built in. It is designed in just finding 12 volts probably. Interesting. I haven't even checked the o2s function yet because I assumed an issue. And my harness seems to be super clean as well. Hmmm. Wish I had an analog meter to check what the o2 is sweeping at. Its time for a new one mileage wise. And I also was running rich this winger due to a bad ect sensor. That could have fouled out my o2 sensor. Basically. I'm trying to figure out why the idle fluctuates when cold but is fine when its warmed up.

Thanks for that info regarding using the proper tester for a low volt circuit. With the right tool I am indeed getting the proper voltage to my o2. So that circuit is OK. Replacing the o2 sensor tomorrow as it is time for a replacement mileage wise. Then off to emissions. I have to say. The installation of a nerwer ecm has definitely made my keep run smoother. Or crisp if you will. Acceleration feels smoother. Throttle response its quicker and also smoother. I feel more power at lower rpms when I up shift. I'd recommend anyone with an 87 get an 88-90 ecm. Its like having a tuner installed.

Back