• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looks like I really offended...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They though it stood for Single White Boy Jeeps. :laugh3:

I think the weirdest thing of all is I never asked them to let us ahead of them. The only thing I said to her was that they better get a strap on the one guy. And that was for two reasons. The first one was that he was almost about to roll over and the second is that he had been there for 25 min and I was getting sick of looking at the same jeep. If they think I wanted to cut around them they are mistaken. In fact SHE was the one who told me they were going to let us pass...

Don't worry...I haven't lost any sleep...I thought the whole thing was funny.

DrMoab said:
some colorado guys.

Anyone remember that group of TJs that were in front of us on Pritchett? Sounds like the girl who tried to blow her clutch to pieces is pissed off at me.

Was I really that big an ass for asking them to strap the dude who had been 25 min on rockerknocker?

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=307535#post307535

YES...

but I did refrain myself from asking where the spotter of the guy in the yellow two door went when he was needed...............
740330_218_full.jpg

and then from asking if he would get him off the hill because there were others wanting to go up.

I was thinking you were way too cool for me to say those things cause you were sporting a way cool jeep dealership t-shirt (that I'm sure they paid you to wear) and had a license plate "dr. moab" you must know what your doing.

Last edited:
brent said:
YES...

but I did refrain myself from asking where the spotter of the guy in the yellow two door went when he was needed...............
what the hell are you talking about? I was spotting Troy when he went over. I felt horrible about it but it was one of those things. He knew the risks of that obstacle when he started up. I was two feet from his bumper when he went over but I couldn't see that his back wheel was lifting as bad as they said it was. If I would have known he was as close to going over as he was I would have had someone throw a strap on him.

and then from asking if he would get him off the hill because there were others wanting to go up.
We had him upright and going in way less time then it took that group from Colorado to get the one guy backed down off Rocker Knocker.

I was thinking you were way too cool for me to say those things cause you were sporting a way cool jeep dealership t-shirt (that I'm sure they paid you to wear) and had a license plate "dr. moab" you must know what your doing.
Just goes to show you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I got that shirt from a thrift store for 3 bucks. I have no affiliation with any dealer and my licence plate says what is says because its my screen name here.

Oh and when I said the whole thing was funny...I meant the girl and her post. Not the deal on the trail. Like I said...I felt really really bad about Troy going over. The last thing in the world I ever want to be is responsible for wrecking someones jeep.

I guess maybe if you would have been a team player and joined with the NAXJA group in the first place instead of coming up late and joining up so you didn't have to pay you might have been close enough to see what really went down...

Danno said:
ahhhhh! the biggest problem was they were driving SWB Jeeps. Not nearly as a congenial crowd as XJ drivers. But what do you expect since they are already handicapped by their choise of vehicle! :laugh3:
Hey! :laugh3:

is that Rocker Knocker where Troy went over? I've driven and spotted that obstacle numerous times. Last time out there I was winching my daughter up the obstacle from my XJ whick was parked above and on the road. As you know it's really hard to get a spot to winch from so I was winching somewhat sideways from the back of my XJ. I was running about 8 psi in the tires. Julie started hollering at me to stop (didn't listen for awhile :wierd: ) and when I did I realized that I had pulled the backend of my XJ over a bit and the tire came off the bead which pulled it over even more. I was about 12" more pull on the winch line from pulling mine over and down the hill onto hers.
Note to self: ALWAYS pull from a vehicle in a straight line even when it is not convenient. Also when somebody yells "STOP" you better STOP!
If off-roading was danger free it wouldn't be any fun. We all know the risks. Don't judge a situation unless you were right there involved in it. (and were the idiot that didn't STOP when advised to!! :wave:) I still get a squeezy feeling thinking about how close that one was.
Oh yeah.....there is also a situation that WILL get your adrenalin flowing and demand your total attention. Try spotting a TJ down Whiteknuckle Hill when your name is on the rental agreement and there's no CDW!

204849659203_0_ALB.jpg

DrMoab said:
I guess maybe if you would have been a team player and joined with the NAXJA group in the first place instead of coming up late and joining up so you didn't have to pay you might have been close enough to see what really went down...

if you think I was trying to skate by on paying to be in a group with you, you are saddly mistaken.

I paid my $2 at the entrance to pritchet, had no clue that the naxja group was going to be in the canyon, and since I make it a habbit of going to moab over the weekend of my b-day, maybe you should pick another weekend to reserve pritchet canyon for your personal pleasure. I'm pretty sure you didn't get the permit from the BLM for an organized run, like is required when a group like easter jeep safari or Naxja is holding an Official run.

SO did you pay your money??

I paid last year and even led a group on cliff hanger, and after that run, I was lectured by not one but two naxja officials on what can and cannot be done on an "official" naxja run, so in short I didn't join, and after your attitude as the "intermountain chapter president" I won't be sending in for a membership anytime soon.

now I do believe I was close enough to see what was going on, I'm the one you told to get the TJ off the hill so you could get 14 other jeeps by. :wave:

brent said:
if you think I was trying to skate by on paying to be in a group with you, you are saddly mistaken.

I paid my $2 at the entrance to pritchet, had no clue that the naxja group was going to be in the canyon, and since I make it a habbit of going to moab over the weekend of my b-day, maybe you should pick another weekend to reserve pritchet canyon for your personal pleasure. I'm pretty sure you didn't get the permit from the BLM for an organized run, like is required when a group like easter jeep safari or Naxja is holding an Official run.

I paid last year and even led a group on cliff hanger, and after that run, I was lectured by not one but two naxja officials on what can and cannot be done on an "official" naxja run, so in short I didn't join, and after your attitude as the "intermountain chapter president" I won't be sending in for a membership anytime soon.

now I do believe I was close enough to see what was going on, I'm the one you told to get the TJ off the hill so you could get 14 other jeeps by. :wave:

I don't know you but if any of these comments are truly how you are, but if they are, I would not want to be associated with you either.

There are rotten eggs in every crowd, Dr. Moab is not one of them.

brent said:
Last time I checked NAXJA pays it's share of money for all the trails they run and they even donate to the local search and rescue services (hmmm not to self: can exclusions be made ;) )

Anyways dude, with your first post here I thought that you were joking, but it looks like you were serious which is scary. I'm curious to know what you did though to get a lecture after leading a run: there are quite a few things that you can do on runs and the only things that you're not supposed to do (that I can think of of the top of my head) are drinking and driving off the trail (granted there might be some other ones, but those are the only ones that stick out in my memory).

after your attitude as the "intermountain chapter president" I won't be sending in for a membership anytime soon.
Attitude :confused: Ryan seems to be one of the more laid back people and I think too much fresh air made you confuse him with someone else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back