• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to get a new Cat!

x2

atleast get a "cherry bomb turbo" if you have to go that route, its a $20 muffler (vatozone) and looks like the stock one, just a tad more free flow.
That straight cherry bomb sounds like crap on an XJ, ask me how i know.

Most after market cats are "higher flowing" compared to the OE cat. Most converter companies get their bricks from the same source. I believe there is only one or two companies that offer bricks in the US.

MagnaFlow makes a good converter as does Catco. I sell a lot of the Thunderbolt converter that was linked to my site.

The differences between the three are going to be minimal unless you need a heavy loaded OBDII converter (which you don't).

Most after market cats are "higher flowing" compared to the OE cat. Most converter companies get their bricks from the same source. I believe there is only one or two companies that offer bricks in the US.

MagnaFlow makes a good converter as does Catco. I sell a lot of the Thunderbolt converter that was linked to my site.

The differences between the three are going to be minimal unless you need a heavy loaded OBDII converter (which you don't).

The one you ordered is fine for your Cherokee. The "heavy loaded" converters are typically for use on 98 and later vehicles that generally throw an engine code with a standard OBDII converter.

The "heavy loaded" converters are typically for use on 98 and later vehicles that generally throw an engine code with a standard OBDII converter.

uhhhhhhh....huh???

I've put several run of the mill high flow Manganaflow converters on 98+ models, including mine. Not one of them has set off a CEL. I've also put el-cheapo converters on 98+ models, and none of them have set off CEL's.

:dunno:

uhhhhhhh....huh???

I've put several run of the mill high flow Manganaflow converters on 98+ models, including mine. Not one of them has set off a CEL. I've also put el-cheapo converters on 98+ models, and none of them have set off CEL's.

:dunno:

I'm not referring to just Cherokees.. Mainly GM, Honda, etc..

For example, on my old 2002 Trailblazer I swapped the converter with a MagnaFlow OBDII converter, threw a CEL. Ended up having to use a MagnaFlow CARB legal converter to get the light back off. This is a problem we run into all the time anymore with local muffler shops.

Back