• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to buy new tires. Need some feedback.

another thought is check Costco if you have a membership.. they will special order tires from most major brands and the prices are good... they also pump nitrogen (including free refills if you ever have to pump air) and give a 5 year road hazard warranty... price is for the tires + tax + 15/tire (minus $1 per a tire if you keep em) for mount balance and warranty...

The problem with costco is that they will only put stock size tires on the vehicle. Costco quoted me the best price on the BFG-all terrains for my old explorer. I wanted to put on the bigger factory size tire (eddie bauer size) but once I got there they chekced the door sticker and told me I HAD to use that size only even though the size I wanted came stock on the eddie bauer edition (I had the XLT, which came with smaller tires). I was shocked at how stupid that policy was. They lost my business and I'm sure a lot of other peoples business.

The problem with costco is that they will only put stock size tires on the vehicle. Costco quoted me the best price on the BFG-all terrains for my old explorer. I wanted to put on the bigger factory size tire (eddie bauer size) but once I got there they chekced the door sticker and told me I HAD to use that size only even though the size I wanted came stock on the eddie bauer edition (I had the XLT, which came with smaller tires). I was shocked at how stupid that policy was. They lost my business and I'm sure a lot of other peoples business.
I wonder if you take a set of rims in and tell them it's for a vehicle that calls for the size tire you want if they would sell you the tires.

I wonder if you take a set of rims in and tell them it's for a vehicle that calls for the size tire you want if they would sell you the tires.

Good idea. Wish I would have thought of that when I was buying tires for the Ford.

If you bring wheels only they will mount them, they don't care then. Kind of a loop hole.
I knew a few people who pulled their wheels off their vehicles in the parking lot and had them install the tires.
Other than this little technical difficulty Costco rocks. I do know that they have to order most larger size tires for 15" wheels.

Back