• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some ideas

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
Next week is Jackie and I's 5 year anniversary, yep thats right been dating for 5 years. Not sure what to do, I am look for some advice from some of the older crowd, where is a good place to go to dinner? We already eat at places like Olive Garden, Cheese Cake Factory. Also for a gift what do you think? Shes graduated College already. For the whole thing gift and dinner looking to spend about 400 bucks or less. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

peace
ted

dude you have to check out mynx, that resturant is awesome

mynxla.com

You have invested 5yrs of your lives together why not a Ring!
I know you said $400 but, maybe payments.... sell the jeep! Resturant try Maggiano's down buy southcoast plaza ..just a thought.

Good luck

I'd hit up a Ruth Criss, Morton's, or Lawry's if you've got a little to spend.

Summit House in Fullerton
The Hobbit in Orange

You have invested 5yrs of your lives together why not a Ring!
I know you said $400 but, maybe payments.... sell the jeep! Resturant try Maggiano's down buy southcoast plaza ..just a thought.

Good luck

If you're gonna be near South Coast.....forget Maggianos....Antonellos restaurante is WAY better (and nicer). I can get you last minute reservations if needed too. haha

check out The Melting Pot. Its fondue, and as ghey as that sounds the ladies love it and its really good food. I took 4 of my closest girlfriends there for V-day a couple years back and it was really nice. and shockingly we were all stuffed by the end of the night.

I took the gf and proposed on a gondola dinner cruise in Newport before sunset. It was awesome and the /wine/ dessert was great. I think it runs about $200 plus tip. Oh and the jewelry district in LA for the ring when your ready!

Hate to put a damper on the romance... but for anyone planning to get married... make sure you know the legal ramifications of signing that marriage license.

Whether you realize it or not, you ARE signing a prenuptial agreement... but most people have no clue what it says.

I learned the hard, and very expensive, way.

Ok... back to the love fest... :)

Chart House in Dana Point... da beest for pleasing the lady friends.. good views of the harbor and sunset over the ocean... she'll pretty much have to ;)

http://www.theskyroom.com/new/theskyroom/

My wife and I went here for our aniversary two years ago. We agree it was one of the best dinners we have had. Great food, service and atmosphere. Compared to other places like it its not too expensive. Just make sure to take your time and enjoy.

As far as the gift... not my thing, sorry.

Back