• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for custom cross members

mountaindrew said:
Why do you think it would be susch a bad thing to build a little drop into my cross member? My t- cas is alresdy about half an inch lowere than it should be due to a sagging old mount, and when I replace the mount and it raises the T-case, I am afraid of driveline angle problems. I just thought I would build in the drop to avoid problems. I dont have a SYE and I dont wnt to get one, yet.

Well for a t-case drop, then I can see why you would want it, but t-case drops are ghey, and don't solve anything. Save the money for a SYE (RE hack and tap is a great one, I ran it for 2 years with no problems), and pull that t-case up as high as possible out of harms way...even if a 1/4". It's just that little bit that makes you feel that much secure on the trail. If you want to build a drop into it, go for it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Stoney said:
i was saying that the stock cross memeber can handle rock hits. obsiviosly it cannot hold long arm mounts. y would u waste ur time build a "beefy" cross member to do nothing??? i would rather build a cadge or bumpers or something worth my $ and time!

stoney

Mine couldn't handle rock hits. It was all dented and banged up, so cutting the bottom off was an obvious/easy choice. And it's not much work to cut a piece of metal and weld it to it. As far as $$, it cost me about $10 to do if you count steel, welding wire, and a cutting wheel for my grinder.

nice setup, T&A- did you build the arms yourself?

Stoney said:
i was saying that the stock cross memeber can handle rock hits. obsiviosly it cannot hold long arm mounts. y would u waste ur time build a "beefy" cross member to do nothing??? i would rather build a cadge or bumpers or something worth my $ and time!

stoney

:huh: The Rubicon has said otherwise! I will be making one as well since my stock one is an inverted V, and that was with a 3/16" skidplate attached.

Back