• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 8.25 w/ no-slip.

I think I have one under my newly acquired 98. Every time I touched the gas pedal when on snow or ice the rear end would slide to the side, but I haven't pulled the cover the check. I have a D44 thats going under it soon.

I think I have one under my newly acquired 98. Every time I touched the gas pedal when on snow or ice the rear end would slide to the side, but I haven't pulled the cover the check. I have a D44 thats going under it soon.

jack the axle up by the diff, put the case in neutral and spin the driveshaft by hand. if both wheels rotate the same direction, you have a locker, if they rotate in opposite directions, you don't. i could make my stocker do that too. does it chirp a tire going around turns if you're on the gas? lotsa signs and a little bit of poor-road condition driving is only a small one.

You can check your glove box usually and it will say some sort of warning about a locking diff.

it would not have come as a factory option. a no slip is a locker; they didn't come factory. LSDs came factory. which one is the OP looking for?

and, as a note, i've never heard of a LSD in a 29 spline, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...

Just looking for the factory LSD model in the tone of 8.25 27 or 29 spline.

Prob for the rest of the year until I find one. :)

LSD:

limited-slip-differential.png

no-slip (what i have, for the record hehe)

PowertraxNoSlip.jpg

For what it's worth, Jeep called their LSD TracLock. I've ordered two TJs that way. I don't know why they don't make it standard to be honest. I think it was an under $300 option, but still rare to find on any XJ or TJ.

I think the Dana 35 is traclock copyrighted maybe? The 8.25 "posi" system is listed for 600$ with gears and listed as Anti-spin.

Everyone has it listed as LSD.

Back